Latham’s intellectual property lawyers use their technological expertise to counsel clients on how to capitalize on their intellectual property investments by proactively auditing, analyzing and conducting due diligence related to their assets.
Latham understands the costs and burdens that the prospect of lingering litigation imposes on a company. For this reason, the firm’s lawyers strategically resolve clients’ issues before a case ever gets to a courtroom, by successfully negotiating settlements, license agreements and technology business arrangements consistent with the unique goals of each client.
In many cases, Latham lawyers have efficiently converted disputes into productive commercial transactions. The firm counsels clients regarding multiple issues, including:
- Changes in the technology landscape
- Creating strategic alliances, distribution and outsourcing arrangements
- Forming technology-sharing, foundry and collaboration agreements
- Identifying candidates for prosecution or acquisition
- Negotiating research and development agreements
- Prime licensing and/or enforcement opportunities
Latham’s intellectual property lawyers combine their prowess in the courtroom and expert knowledge of intellectual property assets with extensive experience in counseling companies across a spectrum of industries, from medical devices and biotechnology, to telecommunications and computer software and hardware, to provide outstanding client services and create win-win resolutions.