Dr. Tobias Klass advises private equity funds, large and medium-sized companies and their shareholders, as well as real estate investment funds on the tax aspects of complex, often cross-border transactions.
Mr. Klass, as a key member of a client’s deal team, navigates the increasingly complex German and international tax law issues in domestic and cross-border transactions.
He focuses on the tax-optimization of private equity and M&A transactions as well as restructurings. He also advises on tax structures for inbound real estate investments.
Mr. Klass is qualified as a certified tax advisor and specialist tax lawyer. He is a member of the International Fiscal Association. He is ranked among the best M&A lawyers for Germany by Handelsblatt, and noted for his ability to spot and avoid potential problems.
Mr. Klass’ experience includes advising:
- Aliaxis on the sale of Rheinhütte Pumpen to ITT
- Prüftechnik Dieter Busch AG on the sale of the group to Fluke Corporation
- SERgroup on the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group
- ZF Friedrichshafen on the sale of its global Body Control Systems business to Luxshare
- IK Investment Partners on the acquisition of the Schock Group
- Lindsay Goldberg on the acquisition of Bilcare Research Group
- Stirling Square Capital Partners on the sale of Cartonplast to DBAG
- The Carlyle Group on the sale of Klenk Holz AG to Binderholz
- Senior lenders and the steering committee in the financial and operative restructuring of Kathrein group
- Angelo, Gordon & Co. on various acquisitions of residential real estate portfolios
- Corpus Sireo on the sale of Allianz Campus Berlin to Hines
- HanseMerkur Grundvermögen on the acquisition of a real estate portfolio of 34 office and retail properties in Germany and Austria
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund and REDOS Real Estate GmbH on the acquisition, financing, and sale of a number of real estate portfolios in Germany, including the acquisition of the Rhein-Ruhr Zentrum