Stefan Süss is a partner in the Munich office. He is the Local Department Chair of the firm's German Tax Department.
He specializes in German and international tax law, focusing on tax-optimization of private equity and M&A transactions, and on structuring funds and financial instruments.
Mr. Süss is recognized as a leading name in Tax Law (JUVE 2017/2018). He is listed among the best lawyers for Private Equity and Tax in Germany (Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2018). According to The Legal 500 EMEA 2016, “Stefan Süß has ‘a deep understanding of capital markets, fund structuring and international tax law.” Clients describe him as “very trustworthy, extremely satisfied for a long time” (JUVE 2015/2016). He is recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA and Chambers Europe Germany. Sources note that Mr. Süss “is highly focused on finding a pragmatic solution and is able to find very creative ways of structuring” and also praise that he is “highly responsive to customer enquiries" and has "technical excellence" (Chambers Europe Germany 2016). Who’s Who Legal 2016 recommends him as leading lawyer for private equity funds in Germany.
Mr. Süss is qualified as a certified tax advisor and specialist tax lawyer, and is a member of the International Fiscal Association.
Stefan Süss' recent experience includes advising:
- Onex on the acquisition of KraussMaffei Group
- Vorndran Mannheims Capital (formerly Ventizz Capital Partners) on the joint venture with HOCHTIEF Solutions AG regarding the joint development of offshore wind parks
- Vorndran Mannheims Capital on the acquisition of a 49% minority stake in the Spanish manufacturer for the solar industry Rioglass Solar Holding together with Swiss private equity fund Partners Group as co-investor
- Vorndran Mannheims Capital and Exceet Group AG on the merger of Exceet Group AG and Helikos SE, a SPAC vehicle based in Luxembourg and listed at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Trilantic Capital Partners on the intended acquisition of a majority stake in Rodenstock GmbH
- Intermediate Capital Group on the structuring of the acquisition and sale of the Eismann Group
- Vorndran Mannheims Capital on the sale of its interest in ersol Solar Energy AG for more than €1 billion equity value
- Several banks and sponsors regarding company and acquisition financings with a total value of more than €30 billion
- Deutsche Bank AG on the launch of its alternative asset investment platform in the area of private wealth management and the first two transactions by this platform, including the investment in a newly established high tech venture fund co-sponsored by Deutsche Bank and Softbank US
- Funds advised by Orlando Management on more than 15 transactions since 2008