Dr. Stefan Bartz is an associate in Latham & Watkins' Frankfurt and Hamburg offices and a member of the firm's Litigation & Trial Department and the White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice.
Mr. Bartz has significant experience:
- Conducting internal investigations
- Representing clients before government enforcement agencies
- Implementing and developing compliance management systems and risk mitigation measures
- Conducting compliance due diligence in connection with M&A transactions
He primarily advises clients on internal investigations (white collar investigations) and preventive compliance matters. He regularly provides compliance support in private equity and M&A deals.
Dr. Bartz holds a PhD in criminal and data protection law and regularly publishes on white collar and enforcement issues, particularly with reference to US law.
Mr. Bartz's experience includes advising:
- A Swiss bank in relation to inquiries by US regulators, including the DOJ, SEC, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and New York State Department of Financial Services
- An individual in a DOJ investigation in relation to emission controversy in the automotive industry
- Several individuals of leading German corporations on FCPA investigations by the DOJ
- The seller of one of world's largest solar companies in post-M&A DIS arbitration
- Scottish Widows Limited in connection with the alleged misselling of insurance policies
- Kaffee Partner Holding AG in a series of competition-related claims against a competitor
- Daimler AG and Toll Collect GmbH in ad hoc proceedings against the German Federal Government regarding the “Toll Collect” project