Simon Cooke, Deputy Managing Partner of Latham & Watkins Asia offices, advises clients on a broad range of corporate transactions.
Mr. Cooke regularly serves Asian and global private equity clients on domestic and cross-border buyouts, growth capital, pre-IPO, PIPE, privatizations, and other private equity transactions. He also advises a range of clients on general private and public company cross-border M&A and corporate finance transactions.
Mr. Cooke is consistently listed as a leading advisor on Corporate/M&A transactions in Hong Kong by Chambers Asia-Pacific, IFLR, and Legal 500.
Mr. Cooke‘s recent experience includes advising:
- Vingroup Joint Stock Company on the joint venture between Vincommerce, a consumer retail unit of Vingroup which operates supermarkets, convenience stores, and farms, and Masan Consumer to create VCM Services and Trading Development Joint Stock Company, a Vietnam-based vertically integrated retail business
- HLT Healthcare, a joint venture created by TPG Capital and Hong Leong, on the acquisition of Columbia Asia Healthcare, a Malaysia-based healthcare company that operates 17 hospitals and a clinic across Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam
- A joint venture vehicle, jointly and indirectly owned by Carlyle Asia Partners and CITIC Group Corporation, on the HK$1.05 billion acquisition, and subsequent privatization, of a stake in Asia Satellite Telecommunication, a Hong Kong-listed company engaged in the provision of satellite telecommunication systems
- Pagani Holding III Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Platinum Equity, on the SGD265 million public takeover of PCI Limited, a Singapore-based provider of electronics manufacturing services
- Establishment by Warburg Pincus of Princeton Digital Group, a pan-Asian data center platform company operating in China, Singapore, and Indonesia
- HKBN on its approximately US$1.3 billion acquisition of WTT Holding Corporation, a China-based fixed telecommunication services operator from TPG and MBK Partners
- Carlyle on the disposal of its Korean portfolio company ADT Caps to a consortium led by SK Telecom of Korea and Macquarie’s Korean Opportunities Fund
- Intermediate Capital Group on its minority investment in Yudo (China) Holding, a China-based designer and manufacturer of hot runner systems
- Partners Group on its acquisition of SPi Global, a Philippines-based provider of outsourced services to education, science, technical, and medical research publishers
- Carlyle Asia Partners on the sale of its controlling stake in Crystal Orange Hotel Holdings, a boutique hotel operator in China
- Macquarie Corporate Holdings on the US$1.3 billion acquisition, by a joint venture vehicle Macquarie Corporate Holdings and China Resources Group, of a majority stake in GenesisCare, an Australia-based operator of cancer and cardiovascular care centers and Macquarie Corporate Holdings’ subsequent exit from the investment
- IK Investment Partners on its disposal of global offshore incorporations and trust and management services operator Vistra Group to Baring Private Equity Asia*
- Hong Kong-listed Sun Hung Kai & Co. Ltd. on the disposal for US$528 million of 70% of Sun Hung Kai Financial, one of the largest Hong Kong-based brokerage and wealth management service providers, to Everbright Securities*
- Carlyle Asia Partners on its acquisition from General Electric for US$483 million of a 36.8% indirect stake in Hong Kong-listed satellite operator Asia Satellite Telecommunications Holdings Limited (AsiaSat) and the resulting mandatory general offer for the 25.6% of shares in AsiaSat held by the public which valued AsiaSat at US$1.312 billion*
- Kerogen Capital on its US$100 million investment in HKN Energy, which holds a controlling interest in the Sarsang Oil exploration block in the Kurdistan region in Iraq*
- DBS Bank on the Hong Kong and Dubai aspects of its acquisition of Societe Generale's Asian private banking business*
- Carlyle Asia Partners on its acquisition for US$1.93 billion of the ADT Security business in Korea from Tyco*
- Partners Group on its leveraged buyout of Trimco International from Navis Capital and its subsequent bolt-on acquisitions in Bangladesh and Denmark*
- MBK Partners on its disposal of Gala TV Corp. in Taiwan to EQT Partners*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham