Shaun Thompson advises private equity funds, companies, investors, lenders, and insurance providers on UK employment law and pensions law in the context of corporate transactions, financings, outsourcings, restructurings, and pension insurance transactions.
Mr. Thompson advises on the full spectrum of employment and pensions law issues related to transactional structuring and implementation, risk, and potential regulatory sanctions, including:
- The employment and pensions aspects of corporate transactions
- Transactional due diligence
- Recruitment and severance
- Employee relations and consultation
- Labor relations and trade union issues
- Employee transfers
- Workforce classification issues and restructuring
- Issues related to the UK Pensions Regulator’s statutory “moral hazard” powers and the powers of UK pension trustees
- Amendment and restructuring of UK pension arrangements
- Pension plan de-risking and insurance transactions
He draws on long experience advising on the full life cycle of transactions, and has a keen understanding of the dynamic regulatory landscape in which businesses operate.
Mr. Thompson maintains an active pro bono practice, with particular focus on advising UK charities on employment law issues.