Samantha Peacock is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department.
Her practice focuses on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, and general corporate matters. Ms. Peacock has particular expertise and interest in the life sciences sector.
Ms. Peacock trained in-house at pharmaceutical company Actavis (now part of the Teva group) where she gained a broad range of corporate and commercial experience. Her training included a six-month secondment to Latham & Watkins' Corporate Department.
Ms Peacock’s representative experience includes advising:
Life Sciences and Healthcare
- Theramex, a global specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to women’s healthcare, in connection with the US$703 million acquisition by CVC Capital Partners of women’s healthcare assets from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- TLS Beta on the acquisition of a 30% stake in Stamford Devices, an Ireland-based provider of medical device and drug delivery services and holding company for Aerogen
- Actavis UK and Actavis Ireland on its £603 million divestment by Teva to Intas*
- Accelovance Inc on its cross-border acquisition of THERAMetrics Holding AG’s CRO subsidiaries in Italy, Germany, and Romania*
- Adorial on its acquisition by C4X Discovery Holdings plc*
- Actavis on its £306 million acquisition of Auden Mckenzie, a pharmaceutical company specializing in the development, licensing, and marketing of generic medicines and proprietary brands, making Actavis the largest generics company in the UK
- Actavis on the divestment of part of its Western European generics sale and marketing business to Aurobindo*
- La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its partnership with Generation Investment Management LLP and joint investment in FNZ, a deal valuing the company at £1.65 billion and being one of the world’s largest FinTech transactions of 2018
- Thomas Cook on the sale of its Belgium airline business to Brussels Airlines, a subsidiary of Lufthansa
- Hellman & Friedman on the disposal of on the disposal of a minority interest in the Verisure Securitas Direct group to GIC
- Mimecast on the acquisition of Simply Migrate, a London-based provider of archive data migration technology
- Onex Corporation on its up to €3.75 billion acquisition of SIG Combibloc Group AG
- Acano in connection with its US$700 million acquisition by Cisco*
- Epicor Software Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Dot-Net-IT Limited*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham.