Ryan J. Lynch, an associate in the Houston office of Latham & Watkins, focuses his practice on corporate transactions in the energy industry. He represents domestic issuers, foreign private issuers (FPIs), and investment banking firms in connection with public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities by companies engaged in the upstream, midstream, and service sectors of the oil and gas industry, including master limited partnerships (MLPs).
Mr. Lynch also represents public and private companies in connection with merger and acquisition transactions, and advises companies in corporate governance and compliance matters.
Mr. Lynch is a member of the firm’s Associates Committee and served as a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee from 2017-2019.
Representative Equity Capital Markets transactions include:
- Antero Midstream GP LP in its US$875 million initial public offering
- VTTI Energy Partners LP in its US$422 million initial public offering
- JP Energy Partners LP in its US$275 million initial public offering
- Weatherford International plc in follow-on offerings totaling over US$1 billion in aggregate
- Smart Sand, Inc. in its US$98 million follow-on offering
- EQM Midstream Partners, LP in its US$1.2 billion convertible preferred unit offering
- Underwriters in the US$116 million initial public offering of Mammoth Energy Services, Inc.
- Underwriters in the US$121 million initial public offering of Navios Maritime Midstream Partners L.P.
- Underwriters in the US$118 million follow-on offering of KNOT Offshore Partners LP
- Sales Agents in the US$500 million “At-the-market” offering of MPLX LP
Representative Debt Capital Markets transactions include:
- Total S.A. in its subsidiary’s US$1.25 billion registered notes offering
- Waste Connections, Inc. in its US$500 million registered notes offering
- Bruin E&P Partners, LLC in its US$600 million unregistered notes offering
- Weatherford International in registered notes offerings totaling over US$2 billion in aggregate
- Initial purchasers in unregistered notes offerings by Parsley Energy, LLC totaling over US$2 billion in aggregate
- Underwriters in the US$700 million registered notes offering of Enable Midstream Partners, LP
Representative Mergers & Acquisitions transactions include:
- PAO TMK in its pending US$1.2 billion sale of IPSCO Tubulars Inc. to Tenaris, S.A.
- Enagás, S.A. in its equity investment in Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP
- FMC Technologies, Inc. in its US$13 billion merger of equals transaction with Technip S.A.
- BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. in its US$3 billion acquisition of QR Energy, LP
- Petroleum Products Corporation in its acquisition by ArcLight Capital Partners