Raymond Cheng is a counsel in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department.
Mr. Cheng has advised international banks, corporates, and high net worth individuals on a range of derivatives, banking, and capital markets transactions.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Cheng worked as an associate in the Hong Kong office of a Magic Circle law firm for four years.
Mr. Cheng’s recent transactions include advising on:
- Margin loans and other share backed financings secured on Hong Kong, US, Japanese, Thai, Singapore, Australian, and Indian listed securities
- Offerings of debt, equity-linked, credit-linked, and hybrid securities such as convertible and exchangeable securities
- Fixed and variable share forward sales
- Call spreads, collars, swaps, forwards, and options linked to Hong Kong and US equity securities
- Share borrow and share repurchase transactions
Mr. Cheng also regularly advises on Hong Kong insolvency and regulatory issues, including compliance with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Ordinance and the Banking Ordinance, and on formation of private investment funds.