Ori Assa is a corporate associate in the Madrid office of Latham & Watkins. He advises national and international clients on general corporate matters as well as on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate finance transactions, including debt and equity capital markets offerings.
Mr. Assa's recent experience includes representing:
- Telefónica in a major carve out of all its Central America (Panama, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Costa Rica) telecom assets for €2 billion
- Teijin Limited in the acquisition of Inapal Plasticos SA, the Portugal based manufacturer of plastic parts for the automotive sector
- Solarpack in its IPO, specialized in photovoltaic solar energy for a total value of €110 million
- IFM Investors in the acquisition of OHL Concessions for €2.8 billion
- IFM Investors in the sale of 49% of its shares in Organización Proyectos de Infraestructura, S.A.P.I. de C.V. for €1.2 billion
- IFM Investors in the Takeover Bid of OHL México, together with OHL Concesiones, for US$1.35 billion
- Lovell Minnick Partners in an equity investment and debt financing to Trea Asset Management, in the context of the acquisition of Banco Madrid Gestión
- The Carlyle Group on several accelerated book building offerings of Spanish listed Applus Services, S.A.
- TA Associates on the secondary buy out of Spanish pet company Kiwoko from Corpfin Capital and Prince Capital Partners
- Starbucks Coffee in connection with the sale of 49% of the shares of Starbucks Coffee España to Grupo Vips
- Globe Specialty Metals in the US$3.1 billion combination with Grupo FerroAtlántica
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the acquisition of the shares representing 100% of the share capital of Digitex Informática Holding, S.A.
- Meridia Capital in the sale of the Hotel W Paris – Opéra
- Credit Suisse and Trea Capital, as Joint Coordinators, in connection with the investment grade offering by Aigües de Barcelona Finance, S.A.U. of €200 million Notes due 2021 listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange Euro MTF Market
- The Carlyle Group and Applus Services, S.A. in the IPO of Applus Services, S.A. for €1.2 billion
- Unilabs group in connection with its issue of €385 million senior secured notes, €100 million senior secured floating rate notes and €200 million second lien PIK toggle notes, and a €125 million super senior revolving credit facility