Oliver Mobasser is an associate in the Corporate Department of the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice. Mr. Mobasser has broad experience advising on commercial contracts, intellectual property, technology, data privacy matters, and M&A transactions. Mr. Mobasser has particular expertise in the life sciences sector, advising multinational pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical technology companies on licensing transactions, product acquisitions and divestments, commercial contracts, intellectual property matters, and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Mobasser was a solicitor at a leading firm in Dublin, Ireland, as well as completing a secondment as in-house counsel for Shire Pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Mobasser’s experience covers:
- Life sciences regulation
- Product licensing and acquisitions
- Technology transactions
- Intellectual property
- Commercial contracts and collaborations
- Data protection
Mr. Mobasser’s experience includes advising:
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB (publ) (Sobi™) on its strategic licensing agreement with Selecta Biosciences for SEL-212, a phase-3 ready therapy for the treatment of chronic refractory gout, with a deal value of approximately US$730 million
- Acino Pharma in relation to its purchase of a portfolio of over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical products in the Near East, Middle East and Africa, for a total value in excess of US$200 million
- Oasmia Pharmaceutical AB on its global strategic partnership for the development and commercialization of its proprietary anticancer product Apealea with Elevar Therapeutics, with a deal value of approximately US$698 million
- GSK on a variety of matters, including:
- Various early-stage collaboration, development, and supply arrangements
- The divestment of its Prevacid 24HR business to Perrigo Company
- The divestment of assets relating to the Bialcol and Cibalgina brands in Italy to Vemedia
- The divestment of five over-the-counter dermatology brands and one pediatric cough remedy brand to the STADA Group
- Interswitch Limited, Helios Investment Partners, and TA Associates on a strategic partnership between Interswitch, a leading technology-driven company focused on the digitisation of payments in Nigeria and other countries in Africa, and Visa Inc., the world leader in digital payments
- Permira on data protection, contracts, regulatory, and IP matters related to the acquisition of Quotient Sciences, a provider of CDMO and CRO services to pharma and biotech companies
- BC Partners on IP, contracts, data protection, and regulatory matters related to the acquisition of a majority interest in Synthon International Holding B.V., a global market leader in the development of complex generics
- Various pharmaceutical and medical technology companies on various agreements for the conduct of clinical trials in the EU, including GDPR compliance aspects of such trials.
- A medical technology and oncology company on the acquisition of an international group of hospitals and the potential use of data following acquisition
- A medical technology company on its commercial launch strategy, including co-promotion and licensing agreements with clinics
- A leading global consultancy firm on its privacy impact assessment process to minimize privacy and security risks and achieve compliance with global privacy laws for new systems and tools
- A leading technology company on the classification of lifestyle and medical software and regulatory requirements for medical devices*
- Various clients on GDPR implementation and compliance, e-commerce, and electronic marketing, including cross-border data transfers, standard contractual clauses, employee data access requests, breach notifications, and processor contracts
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham
COVID-19: DHSC and MHRA Pave the Way for Increased Ventilator Production
- New EU Medical Devices Regulation to Be Postponed Until 2021
- Green Shoots for the Commercialisation of Cannabis-Based Medicinal Products in the UK?
- Time to Prepare for New EU Medical Device Regime
- MHRA Releases No-Deal Brexit Guidance for Life Sciences Companies