Nick Cline is an M&A lawyer with more than 17 years of experience focusing on UK and international, cross-border M&A, private equity and joint ventures. He is also the Co-chair of the Corporate Department in the London office.
Mr. Cline has represented, among others, Qatar Investment Authority, Thomas Cook Group plc, VimpelCom Ltd, Emerson Electric Co., Mattel, Inc.,Yahoo! Inc., Virgin Media Inc, Aon plc, Global Infrastructure Partners and Human Rights Watch.
Mr. Cline is described in The Legal 500 for M&A as being "adept at dealing with US company issues in a European context" and is listed in The Lawyer Hot 100 2011. Chambers UK 2014 describes Mr. Cline as "approachable and highly client-focused."
Mr. Cline's representative transactions include advising:
- ACCO Brands Corporation in connection with its €296.9 million acquisition of Esselte Group, a leading European office products company, from private equity firm J.W. Childs
- ViaSat Inc. in connection with its joint venture with Eutelsat Communications to combine Eutelsat’s current European broadband business with ViaSat’s industry-leading broadband technologies and consumer Internet Service Provider (ISP) business expertise
- EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C.C. in connection with the US$2.99 billion acquisition by EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C.C. of the MEGlobal Group
- Qatar Holding LLC in relation to the US$45.5 billion merger of Xstrata plc and Glencore International plc
- Mattel, Inc. on its acquisition of HIT Entertainment Limited
- Emerson Electric Co in relation to the sale of its Connectivity Solutions business to Bel Fuse
- Thomas Cook Group plc in relation to the sale of Gold Medal and its strategic partnership with dnata
- Patrick McKillen in relation to the £145 million share issue and £547 million refinancing of Maybourne Hotels Group
- Qatar Holding LLC on its acquisition of the Harrods Group
- Qatar Holding LLC on its strategic alliance with NYSE Euronext, related to Qatar Exchange Company
- Yahoo!, Inc. on the sale of its online price comparison business, Kelkoo
- Qatar Holding LLC on its acquisition of interests in Barclays Bank plc for approximately £3 billion
- The Carlyle Group on the LBO of IMO Car Wash Group
- Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) on its bid for J Sainsbury Plc
- Charterhouse Development Capital on the sale of Coral Eurobet to Gala Group Finance Limited for £2.18 billion
- Yahoo!, Inc. on its acquisition of Whereonearth Limited and Kenet Works AB