Michelle Carpenter is a partner in the Tax Department of Latham & Watkins’ Los Angeles and Orange County offices. Ms. Carpenter advises clients on a broad range of compensation arrangements and benefit plans and in a variety of industries, with extensive experience working with public and private companies.
Ms. Carpenter focuses her practice on:
- Counseling on employee benefits and compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings, IPOs, spin-offs, and other corporate transactions
- Structuring various types of executive compensation arrangements, including employment agreements, separation / severance agreements, equity compensation arrangements, and deferred compensation programs
- Preparing executive compensation disclosures for proxy statements and other securities filings
- Counseling on tax, securities, ERISA, and corporate law issues as they relate to executive compensation and employee benefits arrangements
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Carpenter served as an extern for Judge Gary Allen Feess in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Ms. Carpenter is fluent in Swedish.
Ms. Carpenter’s experience includes advising:
- Simon Property Group, Inc. in its acquisition of an 80% stake in Taubman Centers, a real estate investment trust
- GoodRX Holdings, Inc. in its US$1.3 billion Initial Public Offering
- DXC Technology in the sale of its US State and Local Health and Human Services Business to Veritas Capital
- Virgin Galactic LLC in its business combination with Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings Corp., a special purpose acquisition company and the subsequent Initial Public Offering
- iHeartMedia, Inc., Virgin Galactic, Inc., Guardant Health, Inc., Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc., and Syneos Health, Inc on an ongoing basis