Michael Benjamin is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins where he is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets Practice, and Co-Chair of the Retail & Consumer Products Industry Group.
Mr. Benjamin has built a leading capital markets practice representing issuers and investment banks in a broad range of public and private transactions, including: high yield and investment grade debt offerings, initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, leveraged buyouts, cross-border securities offerings, and liability management transactions.
Mr. Benjamin also advises US and international corporations on corporate governance and general corporate matters. He has worked on transactions in a range of industries, including healthcare, media and telecommunications, technology, mining and metals, general industrials, and consumer retail products.
Mr. Benjamin’s experience includes advising:
- Bank of America as lead initial purchaser on a senior secured notes offering for Park Hotels & Resorts Inc.
- SunTrust as lead initial purchaser on a senior notes offering for Molina Healthcare
- Bank of America as lead underwriter of proposed restructuring of J.Crew Group and MadeWell, Inc., a TPG company
- Goldman Sachs on multiple financings for Big River Steel, a TPG company
- Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners on multiple corporate transactions
- Euro Garages on multiple acquisitions and related financings
- Bandwidth.com on its convertible notes offering
- Bank of America as lead initial purchaser on a convertible notes offering for Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc.
- Bank of America as lead initial purchaser on a convertible notes offering for American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Carbon38 on multiple financings
- Livefeather on several corporate transactions
- Morgan Stanley as lead underwriter of a follow-on offering for SI-Bone Inc.
- Morgan Stanley as lead initial purchaser on a senior secured notes offering for Nordstrom, Inc.
- Bank of America as lead underwriter on the IPO of CannTrust Holdings Inc.
- Leggett and Platt on multiple financings for its acquisition of Elite Comfort Solutions, Inc., from Arsenal Capital Partners
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with the IPO of YETI and in its 2019 follow-on offering
- Bandwidth, Inc. in connection with its IPO and follow-on offerings
- Morgan Stanley in connection with the IPO of TFI TAB Food Investments (pending)
- Bank of America in connection with the IPO of Torrid Inc. (pending)
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise in connection with a senior notes offering
- Morgan Stanley in connection with the IPO of SI-BONE, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs in connection with an offering of senior secured notes by Big River Steel
- Bank of America and Citigroup Global Markets in connection with the issuance of senior notes by USI Inc. to fund its acquisition by KKR
- Dubai Aerospace Enterprise in connection with an offering of senior notes to fund its acquisition of AWAS
- Morgan Stanley in connection with an offering of senior notes by Consolidated Energy Limited