Kendall Johnson named among the top lawyers under age 40 in California.
Kendall Johnson works at the intersection of sports and entertainment, drawing on her unique level of crossover experience to handle transactions spanning across the industry.
Combining broad transactional experience and sophisticated industry knowledge, Ms. Johnson regularly navigates complex transactions on behalf of key stakeholders in the sports and entertainment business. She works with a mix of clients based both in the US and internationally, including:
- Professional teams, governing bodies, and other major sports organizations
- Television networks and motion picture studios
- Digital and new media content distributors
- Independent production companies
- Strategic investors
- High-level individual talent
Ms. Johnson delivers creative and commercially focused advice in connection with the licensing, acquisition, production, financing, and exploitation of broadcast and sponsorship rights, film and television content, and other media-related assets. Her practice work includes:
- Licensing of media rights for college, international, and professional sports organizations across traditional broadcast and new media platforms
- Strategic joint venture arrangements
- Film and television financing and distribution transactions
- Complex content and brand licensing arrangements
- Mergers and acquisitions
She currently serves as a Vice Chair for Latham's Recruiting Committee. Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Johnson worked in the Stanford University athletic department, where she acted as the primary public relations contact for various teams, collaborated closely with sports television networks, and coordinated media efforts for numerous NCAA Championship events.