Jordi Domínguez, Chair of the Tax Department in Madrid, concentrates his tax practice on cross-border matters, with a special focus on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, capital markets, and financing structures.
Mr. Domínguez regularly advises global private equity funds on investments in the Spanish market, large Spanish corporations on cross-border transactions, and international financial institutions on capital markets offerings. He leverages a sophisticated understanding of Spanish, European, and global tax laws to help clients successfully navigate the tax implications of their most complex and important transactions.
Mr. Domínguez's representative experience includes providing tax advice to:
- Värde Partners in the €1.1 billion acquisition of an additional 49% stake of WiZink, a Spanish online bank
- The Carlyle Group in the:
- €390 million acquisition of a majority stake in Codorniú, the oldest family-owned cava producer in Spain
- Acquisition of Digitex Informática Holding, S.A., a provider of business process outsourcing services in Spain and Latin America
- €1.2 billion IPO of Applus, the largest Spanish inspection, certification, and technological services company
- Portobello in the €225 million sale of Multiasistencia, a multinational insurance claims processer based in Spain, to Allianz SE
- L Catterton in the €120 million acquisition of a 80% stake in Goiko Grill, a fast-casual restaurant chain headquartered in Madrid
- GIP in the sale of its 24% stake in Saeta Yield, a Spanish energy infrastructure company, to Brookfield AM; this transaction was driven alongside ACS’ sale of its 24%in Saeta Yield, reaching both transactions a total amount of €995 million
- IFM Investors in the acquisition of OHL Concessions, a portfolio of transportation infrastructure concessions based in Madrid, for €2.8 billion
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the acquisition of a 20% of Gas Natural, a major Spanish utility company, for €3.8 billion
- GIP II Palma Luxco II S.à r.l. in the €524 million sale of its 15% interest in CLH, a Madrid-based provider of transportation and storage of refined oil products, to Borealis Spain Parent B.V.
- Telefónica in a major carve out of all of its Central American telecom assets (Panamá, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Costa Rica) for €2 billion
- Omnicom in the sale of Sellbytel, a business process outsourcing provider based in Barcelona, to Webhelp Group
- Globalvia in the US$636 million acquisition of Pocahontas Parkway Holdings, LLC, the concessionaire of Route 895 Connector Highway in Richmond, Virginia
- Globe Specialty Metals in its merger with Grupo FerroAtlántica for US$3.1 billion
- Rottapharm, S.L. (a subsidiary of the Meda Group) in the €82 million sale of Euromed, S.A., a producer of standardized herbal extracts, to Arbelan S.à r.l. (a subsidiary of the Riverside group)
- The initial purchasers in the first bond issuance in the Spanish real estate servicing sector by Haya Real Estate for €475 million
- The coordinating entities in the update of the EMTN programme of Madrileña Red de Gas Finance B.V., maturing in 2031, for €2 billion