Jeremy Green is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department, Financial Institutions Group, and the Capital Markets, Derivatives, and Structured Finance Practices.
Mr. Green's practice focuses on complex OTC derivative and structured financing transactions across all asset classes, with a particular focus on strategic corporate equity derivatives and structured equity financing.
Having joined the firm after a number of years working as a senior in-house lawyer at Goldman Sachs in London, advising both investment banking and trading divisions, Mr. Green has significant experience structuring and executing the most complex derivative and structured financing transactions and a unique insight into the issues that matter most to international investment banks and their clients.
Mr. Green advises buy-side and sell-side clients on hedging, acquisition, and financing strategies relating to equity positions and on balance sheet restructuring transactions, including:
- Funded and unfunded collars (and variable prepaid forwards), including where used for accelerated purchases (friendly and hostile)
- Structured put option financing transactions, stock loans, and equity repos
- Structured issuer share buy-back transactions
- Margin loans over listed and unlisted equity, including in the context of IPOs, rights issues and tender offers
- Non-dilutive convertible and exchangeable bonds and associated investor stock borrow facilities
- Related regulatory and corporate matters, such as market abuse, disclosure and transparency rules, exchange and clearing house rules, margin rules, and Companies Act and Takeovers Code matters
Mr Green also regularly advises companies and market participants on issues arising from the use of credit derivatives, particularly in the context of corporate debt restructuring.
Mr. Green’s recent experience includes advising Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Citi, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, and VTB, as well as many of the firm’s corporate, private equity, investment fund, and sovereign clients on matters related to:
- Capital Markets
- Structured Finance