Jennifer Cadet is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department.
Ms. Cadet's transactional practice includes representation of private companies and private equity funds in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and joint ventures as well as advising on general corporate matters.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Cadet is a member of the firm’s Diversity Leadership Committee and has previously served on the firm's Recruiting Committee and as a local leader of Latham’s Black Lawyers Group in both London and Silicon Valley.
Ms. Cadet received her JD in 2014 from the University of California, Berkeley, where she was solicitations editor for the Berkeley Journal of African American Law & Policy and a staff editor for the Berkeley Business Law Journal. In addition she was a Co-Chair of LeadHERship, a symposium on women’s leadership in law and business.
Ms. Cadet received her undergraduate degree, with honors, from Stanford University.
Ms. Cadet’s representative experience includes:
- Facebook, Inc. in connection with multiple transactions, including its:
- Acquisition of Mapillary, a Sweden-based company engaged in providing crowd sourcing map photos
- Acquisition by Oculus VR, a subsidiary of Facebook, of Beat Games, a Czech-based game studio
- Leonard Green & Partners and its portfolio company CPA Global, in connection with multiple transactions, including its:
- US$6.8 billion combination with Clarivate Plc, a leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation
- Acquisition of ipan/Delegate Group, a Germany-based provider of intellectual property (IP) annuity renewal services
- Avalon Battery Corporation on its US$36 million reverse takeover of redT energy
- GlaxoSmithKline in connection with multiple transactions, including its:
- Divestment of assets relating to the Bialcol and Cibalgina brands in Italy to Vemedia
- Divestment of five over-the-counter dermatology brands and one pediatric cough remedy brand to the STADA Group
- Divestment of certain North American consumer health assets to Crown Laboratories
- Peloton Advantage, a portfolio company of Amulet Capital Partners, in the acquisition of Open Health Communications, a UK-based provider of healthcare communications and market access services
- Telenor on its €2.8 billion sale of its assets in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) to PPF Group
- John Deere in connection with its acquisition of Blue River Technology, a company specializing in machine learning technology for agricultural applications (US$305 million)
- CH2M, a design engineering services firm, in connection with its sale to Jacobs Engineering (US$2.85 billion)
- Broadcom Inc. (formerly Avago Technologies Limited) in connection with multiple transactions, including its:
- Domestication to the United States and attempted hostile takeover of Qualcomm for US$117 billion
- Acquisition of Brocade Communications Systems Inc. for US$5.9 billion
- US$37 billion acquisition of Broadcom Corporation
- US$606 million acquisition of Emulex Corporation
- Data Device Corporation (DDC), a portfolio company of Behrman Capital, in its US$1 billion sale to TransDigm Group Incorporated
- Cleversafe, Inc., a provider of cloud-based data storage solutions, in its sale to IBM
- The independent directors of Vedanta Resources plc in connection with the possible offer by Volcan Investments Ltd for the remaining issued and to be issued share capital of Vedanta not already held by Volcan
- AMD in its 100 million shares of common stock listed on NASDAQ and US$805 million offering of 2.125% convertible senior notes
- Credit Suisse on ObsEva SA’s initial public offering of 6,450,000 shares of common stock