Jason Gott advises borrowers and other clients on all aspects of distressed situations and liability management.
Mr. Gott advises borrowers, investors, acquirers, and other creditors in distressed situations, including:
- Out-of-court restructurings
- Chapter 11 and chapter 7 proceedings
- Prepackaged, prearranged, and involuntary bankruptcies
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Cross-border bankruptcies
- Acquisition of distressed assets in or out of bankruptcy
- Related state and federal court litigation
Mr. Gott combines experience and decisiveness to provide clients with clear guidance in business-critical scenarios. He draws on an academic background in economics and finance to navigate the multifaceted challenges of the restructuring process. Through his service on Latham & Watkins’ Bankruptcy Advisory Committee, he also advises the firm as a creditor in distressed situations.
As part of his pro bono practice, Mr. Gott has worked with the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and the National Veterans Legal Services Program.