Jamie Wine is an accomplished trial lawyer who has tried and arbitrated a wide variety of complex commercial, securities, environmental, and patent cases. Her recent wins include a complete defense victory for a Fortune 500 company in a billion dollar post-M&A dispute arbitration, a US$666 million award for a Fortune 500 company in another post-M&A dispute arbitration, and the complete dismissal of a US$2 billion securities class action. She also recently won a high-profile and precedent-setting victory for the US Soccer Federation (after being retained to replace prior trial counsel), obtaining dismissal of the equal pay claims alleged by the US Senior Women’s National Team.
As a result of her active and varied trial practice, over the last four years alone, Ms. Wine has been lead trial counsel in:
- Multiple billion dollar commercial disputes for a public company
- A professional liability action for a Big Four accounting firm
- A securities litigation for a public consulting firm
- A patent case for a major pharmaceutical company
- An environmental US Supreme Court original action for the State of Florida
In addition to her trial practice, Ms. Wine regularly advises a number of issuers, each of the Big Four accounting firms, and various financial institutions on a variety of complex commercial and securities litigation matters, as well as SEC and other regulatory investigations.
Ms. Wine is widely acknowledged for her excellence. Among other recognitions, she was a finalist for The American Lawyer’s Litigator of the Year (2020), and she is included in Chambers USA as a leading securities litigator. Benchmark Litigation named her a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and among the Top 250 Women in Litigation. She has also been included for many years in Lawdragon 500's Leading Lawyers in America, noting that she is “one of the top practitioners in complex business and securities litigation.” In 2015, the National Organization for Women honored Ms. Wine with its Women of Power & Influence award, and in 2017, Crain’s New York Business named Ms. Wine to its inaugural list of Leading Women Lawyers in New York City. She is also a Fellow in Litigation Counsel of America.
Ms. Wine recently completed a term as Global Chair of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department and prior to that she served on the firm’s Executive Committee. She currently serves on the Board of the Legal Aid Society.
Ms. Wine's experience includes:
- Won complete defense victory, as lead trial counsel for a Fortune 500 company, defending against US$1 billion claim and winning full US$70 million counterclaim, in a post-M&A dispute arbitration
- Won complete dismissals for DXC Technology of a US$2 billion securities class action in the EDVA alleging false statements in public filings, and a securities class action in the ND Cal alleging false statements in a registration statement
- Won a high-profile summary judgment victory for the US Soccer Federation as lead trial counsel in its litigation with the US Senior Women’s National Team regarding equal pay
- Won complete dismissal, on a motion to dismiss, for DXC Technology in a US$2 billion securities class action in the FDVA alleging false statements in public filings
- Won complete dismissal, on a motion to dismiss, for Booz Allen in a securities class action in the SDNY related to the sale of its government business to The Carlyle Group; also acted as lead trial counsel in a related individual securities fraud suit, which reached favorable settlement during trial
- Won complete defense victory as lead trial counsel in an arbitration for a Big Four accounting firm brought by the Trustee of its former audit client
- Won complete dismissal, on a motion to dismiss and affirmed on appeal, for Ferrellgas, Inc. in a securities class action in the SDNY relating to statements about a corporate acquisition and the effect of declining crude oil prices on the business
- Won complete dismissal, on a motion to dismiss, for Aratana Therapeutics, Inc. in a securities class action in the SDNY relating to the timing and release of a new FDA-approved drug
- Won complete dismissal, on a motion to dismiss, for Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in a securities class action in the District of New Jersey relating to statements about product safety and efficacy
- Reached favorable settlement for HCA, Inc. in a securities class action in the District of Tennessee alleging omission of purported revenue trends in IPO offering materials
- Won complete defense victory for Ernst & Young as lead trial counsel in an arbitration brought by the Lehman Creditors Committee, and won dismissal of all Section 11 and most Section 10b claims in the Lehman multi-district shareholder litigation in the SDNY
- Represented Deutsche Bank in numerous federal and state actions across the US related to RMBS
- Lead trial counsel in successful arbitration of a multi-million dollar confidential tax shelter matter for a Big Four accounting firm
- Won complete trial victory, confirmed on appeal, for a KPMG audit partner in an SEC proceeding alleging improper professional conduct related to Royal Ahold
- Won complete dismissal, on summary judgment and affirmed on appeal, for Caesars Bahamas Investment Corp. (Harrah’s) in a dispute regarding the multi-billion dollar Baha Mar casino resort project
- Won complete dismissal, on summary judgment, in one class action and reached favorable settlement in the other for Ernst & Young relating to its audits of The Williams Companies
- Won complete dismissal for PricewaterhouseCoopers on summary judgment, affirmed on appeal, in a securities class action relating to its audits of Chantal Pharmaceuticals