James Beeson advises lenders and borrowers on a range of real estate finance transactions, with a particular focus on cross-border acquisition financings and development financings.
Mr. Beeson regularly structures, negotiates, and executes large-scale real estate transactions involving complex financing arrangements. He represents a variety of financial institutions and corporations based both in Europe and internationally, drawing on his experience spanning varied asset classes and industries. His work includes financings for major commercial, retail, and logistics properties located in the UK and Continental Europe.
Mr. Beeson serves as a go-to advisor to many lenders and sponsors in connection with their most significant real estate transactions, including financings of multijurisdictional portfolios. He also brings particular experience handling financings of portfolios of non-performing loans.
Mr. Beeson's experience includes advising:
- Issa Brothers and TDR Capital on the financing of the acquisition of Asda Group Limited, Walmart’s wholly owned UK business
- A cold storage company on the financing of the mortgage acquisition of secured properties in England, Northern Ireland, and the Netherlands
- A European bank on the refinancing of an existing loan-on-loan deal for Apollo in relation to a portfolio of properties located in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom
- The lender on the €238 million financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of Greek non-performing loans and real estate owned (REO) properties
- The lender on the €142 million financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of Spanish non-performing loans and REO properties
- The sponsor on the €100 million refinancing of its acquisition of a European logistics business
- The lender on the €50 million acquisition of a Dutch real estate portfolio
- The sponsor on a £176 million loan to finance the acquisition of a UK logistics business
The lender on producing a suite of development financing template documents for its funding platform
- The US investor on its acquisition of the Grosvenor House Hotel, London
- The lender on the refinancing of an existing loan-on-loan deal in relation to a portfolio of properties located in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom with a new €180 million facility
- The lender on the financing of the acquisition of a shopping center in Alicante, Spain by Europa Capital
- The sponsor on the structuring and financing of an opco/propco structure for two cold storage warehouse assets in England
- The sponsor on the real estate aspects of its acquisition financing, including two sale and leaseback transactions
- The lender on loan-on-loan financings ultimately secured over Irish real estate assets
- The lender on various purchases of participations in real estate loans secured on properties in various European jurisdictions, including Italy, Spain, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Sweden