James Beeson is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Real Estate Practice.
He has experience advising lenders and borrowers on a range of finance transactions, and in particular on real estate finance transactions.
Mr. Beeson's representative transactions include advising:
- The lender on the €238 million financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of Greek non-performing loans and REO properties
- The lender on the €142 million financing of the acquisition of a portfolio of Spanish non-performing loans and REO properties
- The sponsor on the €100 million refinancing of its acquisition of a European logistics business
- The lender on the €50 million acquisition of a Dutch real estate portfolio
- The sponsor on a £176 million loan to finance the acquisition of a UK logistics business
- The lender on producing a suite of development financing template documents for its funding platform
- The US investor on its acquisition of the Grosvenor House Hotel, London
- The lender on the refinancing of an existing loan-on-loan deal in relation to a portfolio of properties located in the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom with a new €180 million facility
- The lender on the financing of the acquisition of a shopping center in Alicante, Spain by Europa Capital
- The sponsor on the structuring and financing of an opco/propco structure for two cold storage warehouse assets in England
- The sponsor on the real estate aspects of its acquisition financing, including two sale and leaseback transactions
- The lender on loan-on-loan financings ultimately secured over Irish real estate assets
- The lender on various purchases of participations in European real estate loans secured on properties in: Italy, Spain, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Sweden, among other European jurisdictions