James Bee is an associate in the Environmental, Land & Resources Practice of Latham & Watkins’ London office.
Mr. Bee's experience includes advising clients on the following practice areas, in both a transactional and advisory context:
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- Energy, with a particular focus on renewables
Mr. Bee trained in the firm’s London office, gaining experience in mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, and project finance.
Mr. Bee's representative experience includes advising:
- A large global private equity firm on all aspects of its ESG requirements, including the incorporation of ESG guidelines, the development of ESG processes in respect of diligence on all potential acquisitions, and ESG reviews of newly acquired companies
- A global energy company in relation to complaints made under the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Entities
- A large UK public company in relation to mandated ESG disclosures in its annual corporate reporting
- Multinational lenders in connection with an equity bridge loan connected to the development of a solar power plant in Egypt
- An energy-focused global private equity firm in relation to a review of its portfolio-wide ESG policies
- A state-owned investment fund on its acquisition of an Asian-based micro-irrigation company
- SABIC in relation to the provision of ongoing support on UK-based EHS issues
- A number of large global corporates in relation to ESG and EHS regulatory issues arising from the issuance of green bonds