Jack Sheridan is a partner in the Silicon Valley office of Latham & Watkins. His practice focuses on corporate legal needs of public and private companies primarily in technology, life sciences, and retail consumer sectors. He serves as Co-Chair of the Corporate Department in the Silicon Valley office.
Mr. Sheridan is currently involved in the representation of numerous public and venture-backed private companies. His practice addresses:
- Corporate governance
- Intellectual property
- Day-to-day advice
- Public offerings
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Venture financing transactions
During his career, Mr. Sheridan has represented companies and underwriters in more than 100 public offerings, which have raised billions of dollars of capital. Mr. Sheridan also has represented more than 150 companies in successfully raising venture capital financing. In addition, he has acted on behalf of numerous public and private companies in sophisticated merger and acquisition transactions.
Mr. Sheridan’s representative matters include representing:
- Business Objects in its US$7 billion acquisition by SAP*
- Komag in its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Western Digital*
- Redback in its US$2.5 billion acquisition by Ericsson*
- YouTube from its initial financing through its US$1.7 billion acquisition by Google*
* Matter handled prior to joining Latham