Ivan Alaev is an associate in the Moscow office of Latham & Watkins and is a member of the Finance Department. He primarily handles banking, corporate finance, and financial restructuring matters.
Mr. Alaev’s representative matters include advising:
- A major international bank in respect of a billion plus facility for PJSC Gazprom, the largest exporter of natural gas in the world
- An international bank (as arranger) in connection with a €1 billion plus term loan facility for a sovereign borrower
- A major Russian bank in relation to an prepayment facility for an oil and gas company
- A major Russian bank in relation to the financing of the acquisition of shares in a metals and mining company
- A major Russian bank in connection with restructuring a syndicated facility provided to an energy company
- The arranger in respect of the secured acquisition financing facility provided to Flotonic Limited for the purposes of its acquisition of 64.88% of the issued share capital of AFI Development, one of the leading developers in the Russian real estate market whose shares and GDRs are listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Sistema in respect to a joint acquisition of an equity interest in JSC Pharmaceutical Enterprise Obolenskoe, a leading Russian pharmaceutical company
- Initial Purchasers in connection with the issuance of US$750 million 8.25% notes due 2021 listed on the Irish Stock Exchange by Evraz Group S.A.
- A consortium of investors, led by Oil India, Bharat PetroResources, and Indian Oil, in connection with the acquisition of a 23.9% stake in Vankorneft, a developer of oil and gas properties in Russia
- A consortium of investors, led by Oil India, Bharat PetroResources, and Indian Oil, in connection with the acquisition of a 29.9% stake in Taas-Yuriakh Neftegazodobycha, a Russia-based oil and gas exploration and production company