Greg Rodgers is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Rodgers is a member of the Corporate Department and the Capital Markets, Derivatives, and Public Company Representation Practices. Mr. Rodgers is named as one of the leading capital markets lawyers in the United States by Chambers USA and Chambers Global. He was also named a 2018 Law360 MVP for Capital Markets and a Dealmaker of the Year by The American Lawyer 2019 for his representation of Spotify in its direct listing and a Finance, Banking & Capital Markets Trailblazer by The National Law Journal. He has been featured in Nasdaq’s TradeTalks.
In corporate finance matters, Mr. Rodgers represents issuers, investors, and investment banks in public and private equity, debt and hybrid capital markets transactions, commercial lending transactions, restructurings, and other financing transactions, with a particular focus on equity-linked securities and investment grade and high yield debt securities.
In recent years, Mr. Rodgers has represented Airbnb, American Airlines, Amgen, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays Capital, Bloom Energy, BTIG, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Jefferies & Co., JPMorgan, Leonard Green & Partners, L.P., Morgan Stanley, Sempra Energy, and Spotify.
Mr. Rodgers’ representative experience includes:
Initial Public Offerings:
- Shake Shack, Inc.
- Medpace Holdings, Inc.
- The Container Store Group, Inc.
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- Spotify Technology S.A.
Convertible Notes Offerings:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in the US$300 million convertible notes offering by PRA Group and a US$402 million offering by Golar LNG Limited
- Jefferies in the US$517 million convertible notes offering by Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs in the US$450 million convertible notes offering for Lumentum Holdings Inc.
- Teradyne in the US$460 million convertible notes offering
- Bank of America, Credit Suisse, HSBC, and Morgan Stanley in the US$1.5 billion convertible notes offering with a call spread overlay by Herbalife Ltd.
- Jefferies in the US$172 million convertible notes offering for Mesa Laboratories and a US$105 million convertible notes offering for Green Plains Inc.
- Ares Management in the private placement of a US$126 million convertible notes offering for Gastar Exploration Inc.
- Leonard Green & Partners, LP in its US$625 million investment in Signet Jewelers Limited in the form of convertible preferred shares
- Coherus BioSciences, Inc. in its private placement of a US$100 million convertible senior notes offering
- Jefferies in the private placement of a US$170 million convertible senior notes offering for Green Plains, Inc.
Other Debt Offerings:
- More than twenty offerings for Amgen totaling US$56 billion, including its offer to exchange US$4.9 billion in senior notes
Broadcom in its US$3.25 billion mandatory convertible preferred stock offering
- Broadcom Corporation in its US$13.5 billion senior notes offering
- Barclays Bank Plc in the US$2.5 billion senior notes offering for Fortive Corporation
- HSBC in the US$1 billion senior notes offering for The Priceline Group, Inc.
- The Sempra Energy family, including San Diego Gas & Electric and Southern California Gas Company, in over 60 offerings raising more than US$30 billion
- Bank of America in the US$850 million floating rate senior notes offering for Danaher Corporation
- Goldman Sachs & Co. in a US$250 million senior notes offering for Coeur Mining, Inc.