Development of “Can’t Be Evil NFT Licenses” wins recognition at The American Lawyer Industry Awards 2023.
Ghaith Mahmood, Global Vice Chair of the firm's Data Technology & Transactions Practice, advises clients on all aspects of intellectual property and technology transactions – from developing, licensing, and commercializing IP assets, to advising on the IP aspects of strategic transactions.
Mr. Mahmood handles a full spectrum of IP and technology matters, including:
- Licensing agreements involving technology, software, trademarks, and/or content
- Strategic alliances, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Video game development and publishing agreements
- Manufacture, supply, and resale agreements
- Open-source licensing
- Customer and end-user arrangements
- Consumer protection and advertising matters
- Licensing and other commercial issues surrounding non-fungible tokens (NFTs)
Mr. Mahmood is one of the leaders of the firm’s Video Gaming and Esports Practice Group, the firm’s Artificial Intelligence Taskforce, and a key member of the firm’s Global Digital Assets & Web3 Practice (with a particular focus on non-fungible token technologies).
He also regularly collaborates with corporate colleagues to provide counseling on IP and technology matters in the context of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate financings
- Bankruptcy and restructurings
Drawing on experience with both traditional and innovative technologies, Mr. Mahmood regularly advises companies in the following technology sectors:
- Blockchain and digital assets
- Digital and social media
- Digital health
- Information technology
- Video games
- Virtual and augmented reality
Complementing his commercial work, Mr. Mahmood passionately advocates for pro bono clients in the technology industry, and also serves as lead counsel representing asylum seekers, abused children, and the homeless.