Gail Neely is an associate in the New York office of Latham & Watkins, where she is a member of the Financial Institutions Industry Group and Capital Markets Practice.
Ms. Neely represents financial institutions, emerging companies, and public and soon-to-be public companies in a wide variety of regulatory and corporate matters. Her practice focuses on regulatory considerations and securities transactions for broker-dealers and investment advisors, FINRA Corporate Finance analysis, US stock exchange initial and continued listing requirements, and state Blue Sky laws.
Ms. Neely advises clients ranging from major US banking institutions to emerging companies on a range of transactions including initial and follow on public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, private placements, and employee benefit issuances.
Ms. Neely maintains an active pro bono practice, representing New York inmates seeking clemency in partnership with the Legal Aid society and conducting research for non-governmental organizations on issues relating to child marriage and transgender rights.
Ms. Neely is a member of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section sub-committees on the FINRA Corporate Finance Rules and Blue Sky Laws.
Ms. Neely has advised underwriter and issuer clients on over 500 public offerings and issuers on a comparable number of private issuances since joining the firm. Ms. Neely’s recent experience includes representing:
- Spotify, the world’s largest global music streaming subscription service, in its groundbreaking direct listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of DouYu International Holdings Limited, a leading game-centric live streaming platform in China and a pioneer in the eSports value chain.
- The financial advisers to Slack Technologies, Inc. in its direct listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of Beyond Meat, Inc., a plant-based protein company.
- Sprout Social, a social media software management company, in its initial public offering.
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of SurveyMonkey Inc., a leading global provider of survey software products.