Gabriel Lakeman is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Financial Institutions Industry Group.
Mr. Lakeman has experience advising central banks, broker-dealers, investment and private banks, market infrastructure providers, and investment managers on a wide range of complex domestic and cross-border regulatory issues, with particular experience with the FCA's CASS and Conduct of Business Rules, MAR, MiFID II, and the PRIIPs Regulation. Recently, Mr. Lakeman has been assisting a number of leading global firms implement significant multi-jurisdictional regulatory change projects, in addition to advising on a variety of fintech matters and ICO transactions.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Lakeman practiced in the London office of a global law firm. During this time, Mr. Lakeman completed secondments at two leading global investment banks.
Mr. Lakeman's recent experience includes:
- Leading a MiFID II implementation project for a global investment bank
- Advising clients on the structuring and regulatory treatment of ICO transactions
- Advising clients on the application of UK licensing and regulatory requirements to complex cross-border transactions and structures
- Advising clients on their obligations under the FCA’s Conduct of Business Rules
- Advising clients on their obligations under the EU Market Abuse Regulation