Emily Taylor advises emerging companies, particularly in the life sciences, technology, and retail industries, as they structure and form new businesses and on complex business transactions. She also provides practical advice on day-to-day corporate matters throughout a company’s lifecycle.
Ms. Taylor regularly handles a full range of corporate transactions, including:
- Debt and equity financings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Initial public offerings
- Commercial collaborations
She draws on extensive experience with founding and growing companies — including a past position with Millennium Pharmaceuticals — and brings a practical approach to advising clients and helping companies achieve their strategic goals.
Ms. Taylor is a frequent speaker at industry events held by organizations such as the Boston Bar Association and the Silicon Valley Directors’ Exchange. Ms. Taylor has served on several industry committees, including as co-chair of the Venture Capital and Emerging Companies Committee of the Boston Bar Association and as a vice chair of City Year’s Legal Community Breakfast. She currently serves as co-chair of Latham’s Women Enriching Business (WEB) Committee in Boston.
She is passionate about mentoring entrepreneurs and small businesses pro bono, including through her work with the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights. She hosts business law seminars throughout the year and speaks at the group’s annual BizGrow Conference.
Ms. Taylor’s corporate transaction experience includes advising:
- A cancer therapeutic company in its Series A financing
- A digital health company in its seed series funding round
- A fintech company based in Boston on its Series A financing round
- An e-commerce company on its Series G Preferred Stock Financing
- Agency Oasis in its sale to Rightpoint
- AnchorOps in its sale to FastPay
- Ardelyx in its PIPE financing and follow-on public offering
- Baxter International in its acquisition of Cheetah Medical
- Data Device Corporation in its acquisition of Emrise Electronics
- Desktop Metal in its SPAC transaction with Trine Acquisition Corp.
- Formation8 in its investments in Memebox and Radius
- Ginkgo Bioworks in its:
- Spin-outs of Motif FoodWorks and Allonnia
- Multiple rounds of financing
- Hydrow in all rounds of financing
- Inova labs in its sale to ResMed
- LogMeIn in its:
- Acquisition of various companies, including Nanorep, Jive Communications, and the GoTo business of Citrix Systems
- Acquisition and going-private transaction
- Rent the Runway in its venture capital financings
- Smart Destinations in its sale to Big Bus Tours
- SmartSky Networks in its venture capital financings
- T2 Biosystems in its follow-on public offering
- Wayfair in its acquisition of DwellStudio, its late-stage financing, IPO, and 144A convertible note offering
Ms. Taylor provides a wide range of corporate advice to numerous other companies, including:
- Diva Technologies
- Full Potential Solutions
- Leisure Pass Group
- Platelet Biogenesis
- Wild Willett Food