Emily Cridland is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions for both strategic and private equity clients, joint ventures, reorganizations, and general corporate matters. Ms. Cridland trained in Latham's London and Singapore offices, gaining a broad range of experience in corporate, public international law and arbitration, project finance, banking, and restructuring.
Ms. Cridland has spent time working in-house on secondment to Markit Group Limited, advising on the acquisitions of DealHub and CoreOne Technologies, working on an investment into a fund run by Illuminate Financial, and assisting with other general corporate and commercial contract work.
Ms. Cridland’s representative transactions include advising:
- Sony Pictures Television on its acquisition of Silvergate Media, a company focussing on developing, producing, and licensing children’s animation with offices in both London and New York
- GlaxoSmithKline on the divestment of its Prevacid®24HR business to Perrigo Company
- GlaxoSmithKline on its divestment of assets relating to the Bialcol and Cibalgina brands in Italy to Vemedia
- Peloton Advantage, a portfolio company of Amulet Capital Partners, in the acquisition of Open Health Communications, a UK-based provider of healthcare communications and market access services
- GlaxoSmithKline on its divestment of certain North American consumer health assets to Crown Laboratories
- Theramex on its acquisition of certain women’s healthcare assets from Teva Pharmaceutical
- Netflix on the acquisition of Millarworld, the comic book company founded by Mark Millar, creator of a number of iconic characters and stories, including Kick-Ass, Kingsman, and Old Man Logan, the first ever acquisition by Netflix
- ACCO Brands Corporation in connection with its €296.9 million acquisition of Esselte Group, a leading European office products company, from private equity firm J.W. Childs
- Astorg Partners on its acquisition of Audiotonix, a global producer of audio mixing consoles
- TA Associates on the acquisition of a minority interest in Interswitch, an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company
- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Creabilis plc, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company
- Onex Corporation on its €3.75 billion acquisition of SIG Combibloc Group AG, the second largest provider of aseptic carton packaging globally
- Novo A/S on the sale of its portfolio company, Archimedes Pharma Limited, for £230 million to ProStrakan Group plc