Elva Cullen is an associate in the Data & Technology Transactions Practice of Latham & Watkins' London office.
Ms. Cullen has experience in intellectual property, information technology, and commercial contracts, and providing strategic specialist advice on M&A and private equity transactions. She also has significant experience in large-scale, multi-jurisdictional transactions with a tech focus.
Ms. Cullen’s experience includes advising:
- Farfetch on its global strategic partnership with Alibaba Group and Richemont, to provide luxury brands with enhanced access to the China market and accelerating the digitization of the global luxury industry.
- NVIDIA on its US$40 billion acquisition of Arm Limited, the Cambridge-headquartered semiconductor and software design company, from SoftBank. The combination brings together NVIDIA’s leading AI computing platform with Arm’s vast ecosystem to create the premier computing company for the age of AI.
- The carve-out and acquisition of a European vacation rental business and related online platforms involving a detailed review of the material commercial contracts, advice on splitting the contracts, and the papering of the broad range of transitional services to be provided.
- The carve-out and acquisition of an international fintech platform involving advice on the transfer of and relevant structure for holding core IP.
- The acquisition of a digital healthcare platform involving advice on the status of the core IP, an analysis of the material commercial contracts, and advice on relevant consumer law.
- The carve-out and sale of the UK business of a major gambling and entertainment business involving an in-depth analysis of the material commercial contracts, relevant consumer law, and the core technology, including the related contracts and IP.
- The sale of an entertainment technology business involving reviewing and advising on the future implications of complicated licensing provisions.