Elizabeth Jaffe is a partner in the Real Estate Practice in the New York office of Latham & Watkins.
Ms. Jaffe's practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate law including real estate finance, joint ventures, commercial dispositions and acquisitions, and leasing matters. Ms. Jaffe has represented both borrowers and lenders in a variety of secured transactions including mortgage loans, mezzanine financing, and construction lending secured by a range of property types including hotels, condominium projects, shopping centers, data centers, office buildings, and power plants. Ms. Jaffe also has considerable experience with the real estate aspects of mergers and acquisitions, project finance, corporate banking, and secured high yield transactions.
Ms. Jaffe has significant experience in representing both domestic and international joint venture partners investing in significant real estate assets in New York City and other major metropolitan areas, as well as sellers and purchasers in acquisitions and dispositions. In addition, Ms. Jaffe's experience includes representing both landlords and tenants in connection with commercial leases and subleases for office and retail space.
Ms. Jaffe has significant experience with a range of property types such as:
- Data centers
- Shopping centers
- Assisted living facilities
- Office buildings
Ms. Jaffe's experience includes advising:
- An institutional lender in multiple, highly structured loans secured by non-performing loans, performing loans and portfolios of fee assets
- A Middle Eastern investor in acquiring the Intercontinental Barclay New York Hotel through a joint venture structure together with acquisition financing and construction financing and structuring for a major hotel renovation
- A Japanese bank providing construction financing for a ground up condominium development in NoMad
- A joint venture in the sale of an extended stay hotel portfolio located with properties located in 12 states
- The borrower in a CMBS refinancing of 550 properties located throughout the US
- A major internet company as tenant in its lease negotiations for headquarters in New York City
- Pre-Workout Agreements Are Today's Lender Essentials