Elizabeth Howard More is counsel in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. She is a member of the Corporate Department and the Merger & Acquisitions and Oil & Gas Transactions Practices.
Ms. More advises clients on domestic and international energy transactions with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. She has significant experience in:
- Acquisitions and divestitures of onshore and offshore upstream and midstream assets and businesses
- Joint ventures and other strategic combinations in connection with the development of upstream and midstream assets
- Drafting and negotiating development agreements, joint operating agreements, services agreements and other contracts relevant to the energy industry
- Representing issuers, primarily MLPs, with initial public offerings
- Line of equity investments in offshore exploration companies
Ms. More currently serves on Latham's Pro Bono Committee.
Ms. More’s notable representative transactions include:
Acquisition and divestitures:
- Exterran Partners with its US$360 million acquisition of natural gas compression assets from MidCon Compression
- EXCO Resources with its US$1.0 billion acquisition of Northern Eagle Ford and Haynesville Shale assets located in Texas and Louisiana from Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Devon Energy Corporation with its US$7.0 billion divestiture of deepwater Gulf of Mexico, Brazil and Azerbaijan assets to BP Exploration & Production*
- CONSOL Energy with its US$3.4 billion joint venture with Noble Energy for the development of Marcellus Shale assets in Pennsylvania and West Virginia*
- A private equity firm with its US$1.1 billion line of equity investment in an offshore exploration and production company*
*Attorney experience prior to joining Latham & Watkins