Edmond Parhami is an associate in the New York office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department. Mr. Parhami has a broad-based mergers and acquisitions practice, encompassing both public and private acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, auction processes, joint ventures, recapitalizations, controlling and minority investments, and other general corporate matters.
He also advises public companies with respect to general corporate and securities matters, including corporate governance issues, Exchange Act reporting obligations, and stock exchange rules and requirements.
Mr. Parhami’s domestic and international practice spans a variety of sectors, ranging from energy to healthcare, retail and consumer products, hospitality, gaming and leisure, media, and manufacturing.
Mr. Parhami’s representative experience includes advising:
- Goldman Sachs’ merchant banking division in its acquisition of Capital Vision Services from Altas Partners and CDPQ
- DXC Technology Company in its US$2 billion all-cash take-private acquisition of NYSE-listed Luxoft Holding, Inc.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) in the sale of their 44% interest in Puget Holdings, a provider of electric and natural gas services and indirect parent entity of Puget Sound Energy, to a consortium of investors including OMERS Infrastructure and PGGM
- Energy Transfer Partners in the US$1.6 billion joint venture investment with Blackstone Energy Partners in ET Rover Pipeline, a pipeline designed to transport domestically produced natural gas
- Cogentrix Power, a subsidiary of The Carlyle Group, in its acquisition of a portfolio of three power generation facilities with 1,000-MW of peaking generation units in the PJM Interconnection of Illinois
- ArcLight Capital in the US$2 billion sale of NET Midstream, a provider of midstream natural gas transportation services, to NextEra Energy Partners
- KKR & Co., L.P. in connection with the global carve-out of Hyperion Materials & Technologies, an industrial tool component manufacturer, from Sandvik
- Energy Capital Partners, along with a consortium of investors, in the US$17 billion acquisition of Calpine Corporation, a wholesale power generation company, operating natural gas-fired and geothermal power plants
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in connection with the US$1.5 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction between Starwood's vacation ownership business, Vistana Signature Experiences, Inc., and Interval Leisure Group, Inc.
- Consonance Capital Partners in a number of matters, including the acquisition of Bako Integrated Physician Services, a provider of specialty laboratory testing services, and the acquisition of excelleRx and PBH Holding, providers of medication consultation and pharmaceutical distribution services
- Safeway Inc., a national food and drug retailer in North America, in its US$9.4 billion take-private sale to private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- Ares Management LLC in the acquisition of the asset-based lending portfolio of First Capital Holdings, a commercial finance company
- Rakuten Marketing, LLC in a number of matters, including in the acquisition of Deep Forest Media, Inc., an operator of programmatic mobile platforms, and the acquisition by Slice Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Rakuten Marketing, of Unroll.Me Inc., a provider of email management services
- Koch Industries, Inc. in its US$7.2 billion take-private acquisition of Molex Incorporated