David A. Zaheer advises companies throughout their life cycle with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and company representation.
Mr. Zaheer draws on his broad company representation experience to guide public and private company clients through complex M&A and capital markets transactions. He regularly counsels companies throughout all stages of their development, and has extensive experience in a wide range of strategic transactions and public and private securities offerings. His broad experience allows him to advise clients on a full spectrum of issues impacting their most significant corporate transactions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mr. Zaheer has advised on M&A transactions across industries, including:
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH), a Fortune 500 provider of managed healthcare services, in its sale of Pathways Health and Community Support, LLC, to Atar Capital, LLC, a global private investment firm
- Munich Re, a global reinsurance company, in the sale of Windsor Health Group, Inc., a private health insurance company, to The WellCare Group
- Primary Provider Management Co., a management service organization, in its sale to Clayton, Dublier & Rice, a private investment firm
- Health Net, Inc., a healthcare insurance provider, in the sale of its Northeast business, to UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH)
- Vatica Health, Inc., a provider of physician-integrated risk adjustment and clinical quality solutions, in its recapitalization transaction with Great Hill Partners, a growth-oriented private equity firm
Entertainment & Media
- ICM Partners, a talent and literary agency, in an investment transaction with Crestview Partners
- Legendary Entertainment, a financier and producer of motion pictures and television shows, in its acquisition by an affiliate of Dalian Wanda Group Co., a cinema chain operator
- Content Partners, LLC, an investment fund and asset management company focusing on media and entertainment assets, in its acquisition of Revolution Studios Holding Company, LLC, a producer and distributor of TV series and movies
- Open Road Releasing, LLC, an independent theatrical distribution company, in its sale to Tang Media Partners, a global entertainment company
- Shamrock Capital, a media, entertainment, and communications-focused investment firm, in its minority investment in Branded Cities, a global out-of-home advertising company
- Nestlé S.A., a global food and drink company, in its acquisition of a majority interest in Blue Bottle Coffee, Inc., a specialty coffee roaster and operator of cafes
- The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated, a leading experiential dining company, in its acquisition of Fox Restaurant Concepts LLC, the owner and operator of a number of creative restaurant concepts
- The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated in a strategic investment from Roark Capital
- MOD Super Fast Pizza Holdings, LLC, a fast casual pizza restaurant company, in an investment transaction led by Clayton, Dublier & Rice
- Nestlé USA, Inc. in its acquisition of Chameleon Cold Brew LLC, a coffee products company
- Nestlé USA, Inc. in the acquisition of the frozen pizza business of Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Markwins Beauty Brands, Inc., a global leader in beauty and cosmetics, in its acquisition of the assets of LORAC Cosmetics, LLC, a cosmetics company
Hyundai Motor Group, one of the world’s largest vehicle manufacturers, in its autonomous vehicle joint venture with Aptiv, a global technology company
- Parsons Corporation, a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure, in its:
- Acquisition of OGS Holdings, Inc., a provider of advanced technologies in geospatial intelligence, big data analytics, and insider and counterintelligence threats
- Acquisition of QRC, LLC, a product company that specializes in radio frequency spectrum survey, record and playback; signals intelligence; and electronic warfare missions
- Guidance Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: GUID), a cybersecurity software company, in its sale to OpenText Corporation (Nasdaq: OTEX), an enterprise information management software company
- United Online, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNTD), a leading provider of consumer services and products over the Internet, in its sale to B. Riley Financial Inc., a financial services firm
- Mozido, Inc., a multi-national technology company, in its acquisition of SK C&C Co. Ltd.’s CorFire business, a private mobile application development business
- Mozido, Inc. in its acquisition of PayEase Corp., an online payments business
Industrials & Manufacturing
Hubbell Incorporated, a manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products, in its acquisition of R.W. Lyall & Company, Inc., a manufacturer of gas and oil distribution pipeline components and systems
- Summit Machine, Inc., a private Caornia-based aerospace parts company, in its sale to Precision Castparts Corp., an industrial goods and metal fabrication company
- Warmelin Precision Products, Inc., an advanced manufacturer of highly complex precision components for the global aerospace industry, in its sale to Aerostar Aerospace, LLC, a manufacturer of high-complexity, close-tolerance machined products
Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Eldorado Resorts, a leading casino entertainment company, in its pending acquisition of Caesars Entertainment Corporation, a provider of casino-entertainment and hospitality services
- Cannery Casino Resorts LLC, a Las Vegas-based casino and hotel operator, in the sale of The Meadows Racetrack and Casino to Gaming & Leisure Properties Inc.
- Oaktree Capital Management, an investment firm, in the sale of Cannery Casino Resorts, LLC to Boyd Gaming Corporation, a gaming and hospitality company
- Stephen A. Wynn in the sale of all of his common stock in Wynn Resorts, Limited
- Bossier Casino Venture, Inc., the owner of Margaritaville Casino, in its proposed sale to Wind Creek Hospitality (not completed)
Mr. Zaheer has advised companies in numerous public and private securities offerings, including:
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Vacatia, Inc.
- Houlihan Lokey, Inc.
- AutoGenomics, Inc.
- MOD Super Fast Pizza Holdings, LLC
- PCI Media, Inc.
- LiveXLive Media, Inc.
- Hard Rock Hotel Holdings, LLC
- Rentech, Inc.
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners, L.P.
- Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
- Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc.
- On Assignment, Inc.
Mr. Zaheer has advised companies in numerous joint venture transactions, including:
- Eastdil Secured
- TechStyle Fashion Group
- Houlihan Lokey
- Hard Rock Hotel Holdings, LLC
- Rentech, Inc.