David Allinson, Co-Chair of Latham & Watkins’ New York Corporate Department, counsels leading private equity firms and public companies on a range of complex M&A transactions and general corporate matters.
Mr. Allinson draws on more than two decades of experience serving as a strategic advisor to clients. He applies a commercially focused approach to help clients structure and execute transactions involving diverse industries, with a particular focus on the energy, healthcare, and technology sectors. His clients include multi-industry-focused, energy-focused, infrastructure-focused, and healthcare-focused private equity firms, as well as diverse public and private companies.
Mr. Allinson’s practice encompasses:
- Leveraged buyouts
- Take-private transactions
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance matters
Mr. Allinson previously served as Global Co-Chair of the firm’s Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions Practices.
Mr. Allinson has received broad industry recognition as a leading corporate practitioner. Among his honors, he was featured in the Financial Times’ US Innovative Lawyers Report for representing The Blackstone Group in its US$1.5 billion equity investment in Cheniere Energy Partners. He has been profiled by BTI Consulting Group as a Client Service All-Star, and by The New York Times in the publication’s Facebook of Wall Street’s Future list. Mr. Allinson is also regularly cited by The Legal 500 US and Chambers USA for his transactional work.
Mr. Allinson’s experience includes representing:
- ArcLight Capital Partners in a number of transactions, including its:
- US$2.1 billion acquisition with the Blackstone Energy Group of four power plants from American Electric Power
- Acquisition and sale of Leeward Renewable Energy
- The Blackstone Group in its US$1.5 billion investment in Cheniere Energy
- Blue Road Capital in a number of transactions, including its acquisition of Diamond of California from Snyder’s-Lance
- Bridgepoint Advisors Limited in its acquisition of Kyriba Corporation
- Carlyle Power Partners and Cogentrix Energy in a number of transactions, including the:
- Acquisition of Rhode Island State Energy Center
- Carve-out sale of 14 Cogentrix Energy power projects to Energy Investors Funds
- Consonance Capital Partners in a number of transactions, including its:
- Acquisition of Orsini Pharmaceutical Services
- Acquisition and sale of The Keystone Peer Review Organization
- CVC Capital in a number of transactions, including the acquisition of The Alpha Corporation of Tennessee IFM Investors in its acquisition of interests in GTC Global Container
- Dubai International Capital in its US$1.7 billion sale of MAUSER Group to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Global Crossing in its merger with Level 3 Communications
- GVC Holdings in its creation of a 50-50 joint venture with MGM Resorts
- JP Morgan Infrastructure Assets in its acquisition of Arkansas Oklahoma Gas
- Ribbon Communications in a number of transactions, including the merger of Sonus Networks and Genband
- Sabre Holdings in its US$5.4 billion take-private sale to Texas Pacific Group and Silver Lake
- Shamrock Capital Advisors in a number of transactions, including the sales of Consilio and Screenvision