Dr. Daniel Splittgerber, an associate and a member of the Restructuring & Special Situations Practice in Latham & Watkins’ Hamburg office, represents clients in complex financial restructurings and distressed situations.
Mr. Splittgerber advises:
- Creditors in complex financial restructurings
- Companies and management in a financial or operational crisis or in a corporate reorganization
- Investors on the acquisition of distressed assets
His experience includes:
- Out-of-court restructurings
- Insolvency proceedings
- Rescue financing or refinancing transactions
- Distressed M&A
- Debt-to-equity transactions
Mr. Splittgerber regularly publishes on insolvency law and topical issues on the restructuring market. He also maintains an active pro bono practice, serves on the firm’s Pro Bono Committee and is a board member of Pro Bono Deutschland e.V., an association for the promotion of pro bono legal advice for non-profit and non-governmental organizations and projects in Germany.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Splittgerber worked as an assistant lecturer at the Institute for International Business Law of the University of Münster. He obtained his doctorate with a thesis on the treatment of enterprise groups under national insolvency law, for which he was awarded the Faculty’s Harry-Westermann Award for outstanding dissertations.
Dr. Splittgerber’s recent experience includes advising:
- Senior lenders and steering committee on the refinancing of Tom Tailor group
- Ad-hoc committee of unsecured creditors in global restructuring of Steinhoff Group
- Senior lenders and steering committee in the financial and operative restructuring of KATHREIN group
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics in its refinancing and operational restructuring
- Senior lenders in the refinancing and operational restructuring of a major German retail company
- Chinese shareholder in corporate reorganization and governance for major German steel company
- Carlyle Group in the acquisition, restructuring, and sale of Klenk Holz
- German metal and steel construction company in its financial and operational restructuring
- Senior lenders in restructuring of battenfeld-cincinatti group
- German direct marketing company in its financial and operational restructuring