Daniel Lennon, a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins and former Global Chair of the firm’s Corporate Department, focuses on corporate transactions.
Mr. Lennon represents clients in domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and financing transactions. He has particular experience representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies in connection with all aspects of their business, including leveraged buyouts and other private equity investment transactions and related financings.
Chambers Global and Chambers USA consistently rank Mr. Lennon highly, and note that “he is tremendous - one of the best individual lawyers in the country” who “knows what he's doing and things get done properly.” Mr. Lennon is recognized as one of the nation's top private equity buyouts lawyers in The Legal 500 US 2011-2016, 2019. He is recommended for his work in mergers and acquisitions in the 2015 edition. In 2016, he was named to BTI Consulting Group’s Client Service All-Star List, which recognizes leaders in superior client service identified exclusively by corporate counsel.
Mr. Lennon's representative transactions include advising:
- The Carlyle Group's acquisition of StandardAero
- The Carlyle Group’s US$2.9 billion acquisition of Novolex
- The Carlyle Group and GTCR’s US$1.8 billion take-private of Albany Molecular Research, Inc.
- The Carlyle Group’s US$1.6 billion sale of Greater China Intermodal
- The Carlyle Group’s US$4.15 billion acquisition of Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- The Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman in connection with their US$4 billion leveraged buyout of Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc.
- Groupo Qualicorp SA in connection with its initial public offering
Mr. Lennon's clients include:
- The Carlyle Group
- Onex Partners
- Platinum Equity
- Allison Transmission