Craig Garner is a leading corporate lawyer with extensive experience representing companies in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, and a broad range of general corporate and securities matters. Mr. Garner serves as primary outside counsel for a number of public and private companies and regularly advises boards of directors and special committees in complex strategic transactions and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Garner leads the San Diego Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. He has been recognized as a leading lawyer, and named among the top 100 influential leaders in San Diego, by numerous legal publications.
Mr. Garner successfully advises public and private companies in complex strategic transactions, including:
- Public and private offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Going private transactions
- Shareholder activism and takeover defense planning
Mr. Garner regularly lectures on a variety of M&A and securities law topics. He also co-authors the Annual Meeting Handbook, which is published annually and distributed nationwide.
Mr. Garner is actively involved in the community, serving on a variety of boards and committees including the Board of Directors of the Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito.
Mr. Garner’s experience includes representing:
- AeroVironment in connection with its US$100 million IPO
- BioMed Realty Trust in connection with its US$400 million IPO, follow-on offerings of equity and debt raising more than US$1 billion, acquisition of Wexford Science & Technology and US$8 billion sale to The Blackstone Group
- Callaway Golf in connection with its investment in Topgolf and acquisitions of Ogio, TravisMathew, and Jack Wolfskin
- Essex Property Trust in connection with its follow-on offerings of equity and debt raising more than US$1 billion
- Excel Trust in connection with its US$200 million IPO, follow-on offerings of equity and debt raising more than US$500 million, and US$2 billion sale to The Blackstone Group
- Extra Space Storage in connection with its follow-on offerings of equity and debt raising more than US$1 billion and acquisition of SmartStop Self Storage for US$1.4 billion
- FivePoint in connection with its strategic combination to form FivePoint Holdings, the largest developer of mixed-use communities in coastal California
- Huntsman Family Investments in connection with its acquisition of GTA TeleGuam
- Pulse Electronics in connection with its sale to Oaktree Capital Management
- Rapid Bridge in connection with its sale to Qualcomm
- Selling stockholders of ServiceNow in connection with its US$200 million IPO
- SpiderCloud Wireless in connection with its sale to Corning
- Viasat in connection with its IPO, follow-on offerings of equity and debt raising more than US$1 billion, and acquisitions of NetNearU, US Monolithics, Efficient Channel Coding, Enerdyne Technologies, Intelligent Compression Technologies, Stonewood Group Limited, and WildBlue Communications
- Zhone Technologies in connection with its acquisitions of DASAN Network Solutions, Tellium, Premisys Communications, Sorrento Networks, Gluon Networks, Paradyne Networks, NEC Eluminant Technologies, and a division of Nortel Networks