Charles (Chuck) Cassidy is counsel in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Cassidy is a member of the Corporate Department and the Capital Markets and Private Equity Finance Practice Groups.
His practice is primarily focused on capital markets and general securities and corporate matters, and he has experience in a broad range of financing transactions, including:
- Secured and unsecured high yield notes offerings
- Investment grade notes offerings
- Private placements
- Initial public offerings
- Leveraged buyouts
Mr. Cassidy has represented issuers, underwriters and initial purchasers in public and private debt and equity offerings in a broad array of industries, including:
He also represents both private equity funds and portfolio companies in buyout, acquisition and exit financing transactions and counsels public companies regarding their public reporting obligations and other issues related to public company status.
Mr. Cassidy’s representative transactions include advising:
- The issuer of senior notes in connection with acquisition financing for the acquisition of Hamilton Sundstrand Industrial by The Carlyle Group
- The issuer of senior notes in connection with acquisition financing for the acquisition of Volvo Rents by Platinum Equity
- A public global biotechnology company in numerous senior notes offerings in the United States and Europe
- Kimco Realty Corporation in numerous senior notes offerings
- Owens-Illinois, Inc. in numerous senior notes offerings by Owens-Brockway Glass Container Inc.
- The initial purchasers in numerous senior notes offerings in the United States and Europe for The Hertz Corporation
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of Inovalon Holdings, Inc. listed on NASDAQ
- The underwriters in the initial public offering of Gogo Inc. listed on NASDAQ, and the initial purchasers in a subsequent offering of convertible senior notes