Chris Attrill is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Restructuring & Special Situations Practice.
Mr. Attrill deals with all aspects of corporate restructuring, insolvency, distressed debt investments and special situations work, acting for corporates (public and private), lenders, investment funds, directors, and insolvency practitioners.
Mr. Attrill’s experience also includes involvement in leveraged finance and capital markets transactions and disputes.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Attrill worked for an international law firm in London, which included secondments to Dubai, UAE, and the Civil Aviation Authority.
Mr. Attrill’s experience includes advising:
- The ad hoc group of senior lenders on the c. €290 million recapitalization and debt and equity restructuring of AS Adventure, an outdoor clothing and equipment retailer with operations spread across Europe, whose brands include Cotswold Outdoor and Snow + Rock
- The anchor investors in relation to the c. €50 million new money financing and corresponding c. €500 million restructuring of Dümmen Orange, a Dutch headquartered international plant and flower business
- The cross-holders coordinating committee in its €1.1 billion financial restructuring of the Europcar group
- A bondholder in the Lebanese Republic’s US$90 billion restructuring
- The Civil Aviation Authority in relation to the compulsory liquidation of Thomas Cook, a global travel business*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham