Caroline Reckler is a partner in the Finance Department of the firm’s Chicago office and a member of the Restructuring & Special Situations Practice.
Caroline Reckler has experience in a wide range of restructuring matters, both in and outside of bankruptcy, including representation of private and public companies in all aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings, including prepackaged, prearranged, and involuntary bankruptcies. Her practice also regularly involves representing purchasers of distressed companies in bankruptcy, advising board of directors and management of financially distressed companies, and representing financial institutions in connection with debtor-in-possession financings.
- “Insolvency and Sharia law: Principles and Practice: Can Sharia-Compliant Markets, Practices and Products Operate Effectively When An Insolvency Event Occurs?” International Bar Association Conference, Dubai, UAE, November 3, 2011
- “The Great DISH Debate,” American Bar Association/National Conference Bankruptcy Judges, Tampa, Florida, October 13, 2011
Ms. Reckler’s representative clients and matters include:
- The company in:
- A major Atlantic City hotel and casino company
- American Classic Voyages
- AT&T Latin America
- Body Central
- Boston Generating
- DVI, Inc.
- Eddie Bauer
- Enduro Resource Partners LLC
- GNC Holdings
- Graceway Pharmaceuticals
- Illinois Power Generation Company
- Regent Communications
- Savers, Inc.
- Stone Energy
- Bank of America in Imperial Home Décor and Auburn Foundry, Inc.
- LaSalle National Bank in Bruno Magli, Liberty Fibers Corp., Impero, Inc. and Parmalat
- The official committee of unsecured creditors in SGP Acquisition, LLC
- The buyer and plan sponsor in Aloha Airlines
- Dubai Financial Support Fund and the Government of Finance with respect to the restructuring of Dubai World and certain of its subsidiaries