Carmen Alonso is an associate in the Corporate Department of Latham & Watkins in Madrid. She focuses her practice on advising national and international clients from different industries on general corporate matters, cross-border mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, among others. She has also assisted companies on restructuring processes and corporate finance transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, she completed a Double Degree in Law & Business Administration and an LLM at ICADE - Universidad Pontificia de Comillas. She also worked as an intern in two well-known Spanish law firms.
Her most recent experience includes advising:
- Lovell Minnick Partners in an equity investment and debt financing to Trea Asset Management, in the context of the acquisition of Banco Madrid Gestión
- TA Associates on the secondary buy out of Spanish pet company Kiwoko from Corpfin Capital and Prince Capital Partners
- The Carlyle Group on its acquisition of a majority stake in Digitex, a Spain-based provider of business process outsourcing services
- Nordic Capital in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Sunrise Medical and the Handicare mobility business
- The lenders on the post-IPO financing of Euskaltel and on the financing for the acquisition of R Cable
- Globe Specialy Metals on an all-stock combination transaction with Grupo FerroAtlántica, a Spanish world leading producer of silicon metal