Calum Docherty is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Technology Transactions Practice.
Mr. Docherty’s practice covers data protection and information law, cybersecurity, outsourcing and commercial contracts. He has advised clients on a range of digital technology issues including international data transfers, cloud computing, online advertising, eCommerce, telecommunications and regulatory compliance.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Docherty spent two years working on Google’s public affairs team in Mountain View, California, and Singapore.
Mr. Docherty’s representative matters include:
- Advising a variety of multinational clients on compliance with current data protection laws in a number of EU Member States and conducting data protection gap analysis to advise on future compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Advising various digital technology companies on compliance with consumer protection, eCommerce and data protection regulations, including coordinating local counsel advice for an international roll-out
- Advising a global investment bank on the outsourcing of technology and data centre services
- Advising a professional services firm on licensing, procurement and services arrangements
- Drafting and reviewing data protection, data breach and cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Providing training to clients on data protection issues