Bryce Kaufman advises lenders and borrowers on commercial lending transactions, with a particular focus on the energy industry.
Mr. Kaufman represents and counsels financial institutions, public and private companies, and private equity sponsors in commercial lending and financing transactions. He regularly advises on upstream, midstream, and downstream financings, as well as transactions related to renewables and other industries.
Drawing on a considerable volume of work with both lenders and borrowers, Mr. Kaufman provides clients practical and commercial guidance. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kaufman served as a law clerk for Judge Lynn N. Hughes of the US District Court for the Southern District of Texas from 2011 to 2013.
He has lived in Brazil and Turkey, including through Yale University’s Fox International Fellowship to study at Bogazici University in Istanbul. He is currently a member of the World Affairs Council of Houston. Mr. Kaufman also maintains an active pro bono practice, including helping clients seal juvenile records and assisting with trusts, wills, and end-of-life directives.
Mr. Kaufman’s experience includes advising:
- Bank of America in a US$1 billion senior revolving credit facility in connection with the acquisition of certain oil and gas assets by a privately held explorer and producer of oil and gas properties
- Citigroup Global Markets in the US$350 million exit financing for an oil and natural gas exploration company
- CNX Resources, an independent oil and natural gas company, in its US$2.1 billion debt refinancing
- A multinational banking and financial services company in its US$1.25 billion debt refinancing for a gatherer and processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids
- A portfolio company in its US$55 million term loan facility for a Denver-based oil and gas exploration and production company
- Scotiabank in its US$250 million revolving credit facility for San Mateo Midstream
- UGI Corporation in its financing with respect to the US$850 million acquisition of Columbia Midstream Group
- A leading financial institution in the US$150 million revolving credit facility for a provider of natural gas gathering, processing, and transportation services
- The administrative agent and the lenders in the US$20 million term loan facility to a renewable energy company
- The administrative agent in the US$1.1 billion term loan and revolving credit facilities for Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
- A large financial institution in its US$500 million revolving credit facility for a distributor of motor fuel to convenience stores and third-party customers