Anthony Gostanian represents both public companies and underwriters, with a focus on the life sciences industry, in a variety of capital-raising and M&A transactions, as well as securities law compliance and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Gostanian advises a number of leading San Diego-based clinical-stage public biotech and life sciences companies on their most important strategic transactions, as well as public company representation matters, including:
- Equity and debt offerings, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, and at-the-market offerings
- Securities law compliance and corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Public and private financings
Mr. Gostanian also advises investment banks on capital market offerings by biotech and life sciences companies.
Public Company Transactions & Representation
Mr. Gostanian regularly represents public biotech and life sciences companies in corporate governance and securities law compliance matters, as well as strategic transactions, including:
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals in its:
- Acquisition of Pfenex, Inc.
- Acquisition of Open Monoclonal Technologies
- Offering of US$750 million convertible notes
- Zogenix, Inc., a global biopharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes therapies for rare diseases, in its:
- Acquisition of Modis Pharmaceuticals
- Initial public offering and follow-on offerings
- Phathom Pharmaceuticals in its initial public offering and follow-on offerings
- Oncternal Therapeutics, an oncology company, in reverse merger transaction with GTx
- Evoke Pharma, Inc., a pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases, in its initial public offering and follow-on offerings
- Extra Space Storage LP, a provider of self-storage units, in equity offerings and its acquisition of SmartStop Self Storage
Mr. Gostanian routinely advises leading investment banks, such as JPMorgan, Jeffries, and SVB Leerink, as underwriters in public equity offerings, including for:
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Castle Biosciences, Inc.
- Genmark Diagnostics, Inc.
- Heron Therapeutics, Inc.
- Immunogen, Inc.
- Iovance Biotherapeutics, Inc.
- Mirati Therapeutics, Inc.
- Poseida Therapeutics
- Regulus Therapeutics Inc.
- Retrophin, Inc.
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Synthorx, Inc.
- Veracyte, Inc.
Author, “How the FDA Can Overturn Wyeth v. Levine,” 36 American Journal of Law & Medicine 248, 2010