Amaryllis Bernitsa is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm's Litigation & Trial Department.
Ms. Bernitsa works across London's Litigation & Trial Department and focuses on complex commercial litigation and international arbitration.
She trained in the firm’s London office, gaining experience in litigation and arbitration, as well as project finance, mergers and acquisitions, and private equity matters.
Ms. Bernitsa's experience includes advising:
- The investor in an ICSID arbitration related to the expropriation of a major mining group in the Republic of Turkey
- Thomas Cook Group in connection with a scheme of arrangement and attempted recapitalization
- A UK company and its director in claims in the English High Court against its parent company in the context of a US$5-6 billion ICSID claim
- A company registered in Mauritius, in connection with an ICC mediation relating to a breach of contract
- A high net worth individual in relation to defending claims of breach of contract in the art sector
- Renesas Group’s defense to a follow-on damages claim for c. £400 million in connection with the European Commission’s Smart Card Chips cartel decision