Allen Wang is a partner in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Wang practices corporate law, with a focus on:
- Capital markets
- Mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings
- Public company representation
Mr. Wang has worked on domestic and international capital markets transactions (including high yield bonds, IPOs, investment grade debt, convertibles, and other products), mergers, acquisitions, and restructurings in a variety of industries, including life sciences, technology, media, gaming, and financial institutions. His clients include domestic and international companies and investment banks, including Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan, and Deutsche Bank Securities.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Wang worked as an associate in the general practice group at a leading law firm in New York and as an investment banking associate in the financial institutions group at Morgan Stanley in New York, where he advised on capital markets and M&A transactions.
Mr. Wang's representative experience includes advising:
- The underwriters on the US$125 million initial public offering of American depositary shares of Ruhnn Holding Limited, the largest internet key opinion leader facilitator in China, on the Nasdaq Global Select Market.
- The underwriters on the US$1 billion IPO of American depositary shares of Nio Inc., a pioneer in China’s premium electric vehicle market, on the New York Stock Exchange. The transaction was recognized as Deal of the Year by China Business Law Journal 2018.
- The joint sponsors and underwriters on Jiangxi Bank Co., Ltd.’s HKD7.48 billion initial public offering (IPO) of H Shares on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- The underwriters on the US$483 million IPO of American depositary shares of Bilibili Inc., an iconic brand of online entertainment for young generations in China, on the Nasdaq Global Select Market.
- The underwriters on the US$143 million IPO of American depositary shares of GreenTree Hospitality Group Ltd., a Chinese franchised hotel operator, on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Bank of Gansu Co., Ltd. on its HKD6 billion IPO of H shares on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The Bank of Gansu is the first listed bank in Northwest China.
- The underwriters on the US$450 million IPO of American Depositary Shares (ADS) of BEST Inc., a leading Smart Supply Chain company headquartered in China, on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Deutsche Bank Securities, as lead underwriter in the US$1.8 billion IPO on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange, high yield offering of second mortgage notes and credit facilities of Wynn Resorts, a leading gaming company in Las Vegas and Macau.
- Morgan Stanley, as lead underwriter in the US$855 million IPO of Phoenix Wealth Management, a leading wealth management, asset management, and life insurance company, on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Deutsche Bank Securities, JP Morgan, and Banc of America Securities, as lead underwriters in the US$1.35 billion high yield and follow-on offerings of senior notes by Wynn Macau, an international operator of casino resorts.
- Morgan Stanley, as lead underwriter in the US$79 million IPO of China Kanghui Holdings, an orthopedics and medical parts producer, on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, as lead underwriters in the US$87 million IPO of IFM Investments, the holder of the Century 21 China franchise, on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Goldman Sachs & Co, as lead underwriter in the US$220 million high yield offering of senior notes by Exopack Holding Corp., a leading paper and packaging company.
- Deutsche Bank, as lead underwriter in the US$200 million offering of convertible notes by Wynn Resorts, a leading gaming company in Las Vegas and Macau.
- Canadian Solar, a manufacturer of solar panels and wafers, in its US$109 million offering of common stock on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange.
- Trina Solar Limited, a Chinese Changzhou-based solar company, in its IPO of 5,810,300 ADS on the New York Stock Exchange, which raised US$107.5 million.
Citigroup and JP Morgan Securities, as lead underwriters in the US$87 million IPO of ShangPharma, an international contract research organization, on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Citigroup, as lead underwriter in the US$34 million IPO of Acquity Group, a branded e-commerce and marketing company, on the NYSE Amex.
- JP Morgan, as lead underwriter in the US$450 million high yield offering of senior notes by Pinnacle Entertainment, a leading gaming and leisure company.
- Lead underwriter in the US$385 million high yield offering of senior subordinated notes by Pinnacle Entertainment, a leading gaming and leisure company.
Goldman Sachs and Barclays, as lead underwriters in the US$325 million high yield offering of senior secured notes issued by Nordanglia Education, an international educational provider and operator of private schools.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sinovac in general corporate matters, attempted take private transaction, and hostile takeover defense.
- Concord Medical in general corporate matters and attempted take private transaction.
- Mozido, a US mobile payments company, in its US$750 million acquisition of PayEase, a mobile payments company based in China.
- Intermix Media, the parent of MySpace.com, a leading social media website, in its US$580 million sale to News Corporation.
- Orix Corporation, a Japanese financial institution, in its US$500 million acquisition of Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin, an international investment bank.
- Mattel, the world’s largest toy company, in its US$230 million acquisition of Radica Games Limited, a publicly traded electronic games manufacturer and its acquisition of Sekkoia, a French toy and games manufacturer.
- Oriental Trading Company, a leading mail order catalog party supply company, in its US$1 billion sale to the Carlyle Group.
- FTD Group, a publicly traded floral and specialty gift products and services provider, in its US$800 million sale to United Online, a publicly traded provider of consumer products and services over the Internet.
- UBS Securities, as financial advisor to Chart Industries, a provider of natural gas and petrochemical applications in the energy industry, in its US$460 million sale to First Reserve Corporation, a private equity firm specializing in energy industry investments.
- Mercury General Corporation, an automotive insurance company, in its US$155 million acquisition of Auto Insurance Specialists, an automotive insurance company, from Aon Corporation.
- Excelligence Learning Corporation, a publicly traded manufacturer and retailer of educational products, in its US$125 million sale to Thoma Cressey Equity Partners, a private equity fund.
- Health Net, a leading health insurance provider, in its sale of Health Net’s Northeast HMO and insurance entities in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey to Oxford Health Plans, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated.
- Funtalk China Holdings Limited, a leading retailer and distributor of wireless communications devices and accessories in China, in its US$378 million merger and follow-on offering.
- Shanghai Imedia Advertising Co., in its US$177 million sale of Search Media International Limited, a multi-platform media company in China, to Ideation Acquisition Corporation.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as financial advisor to Sinopec Kantons Holdings Limited, an international oil and gas company, in its US$283 million acquisition of interests in five joint ventures from China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation, a Chinese state-owned oil and gas company.
- Safeco Financial Institution Solutions, Inc., the fourth largest provider of creditor-placed homeowners insurance and a division of Safeco Corporation, in its sale to Assurant, an insurance company.
- Intuitive Surgical, a publicly traded surgical parts manufacturer, in its acquisition of Computer Motion, a publicly traded manufacture of surgical robotic systems.
- Funline Merchandise, a toy designer and manufacturer, in its sale to Action Performance Companies, a publicly traded race car collectibles manufacturer.