Robert Collins is a member of the Litigation & Trial and Environmental, Land & Resources Departments.
Mr. Collins represents clients in complex commercial litigation, including related to product liability, class actions, environmental litigation and business, insurance, and contract disputes.
Mr. Collins has worked on litigation in both federal and state courts across the country at both the trial and appellate levels. He has represented product manufacturers in mass tort, consumer fraud, and class action litigation; energy clients in complex technical litigation and arbitration; and clients in related indemnity and insurance disputes.
Mr. Collins actively participates in pro bono cases, having represented children with disabilities, prisoners, victims of domestic violence, and asylum applicants. He previously served as a member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee.
Mr. Collins’ experience includes representing:
- The NCAA in multidistrict class action litigation related to head injuries in college sports (In re NCAA Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation and In re NCAA Student-Athlete Concussion Injury Litigation-Single Sport / Single School (Football).)
- A pharmaceutical manufacturer in multiple state and federal lawsuits alleging public nuisance, product liability, and consumer fraud claims related tot he marketing and sale of opioid medications
- A wood products manufacturer in several class action and individual lawsuits around the country alleging product liability, warranty, and consumer fraud claims
- A software company in several class action lawsuits related to a vehicle valuation product
- A chemical manufacturer in multiple federal and state court cases alleging public nuisance and product liability claims related to contaminated water bodies
- A refrigerator manufacturer in product liability class action litigation in California and Florida federal courts as well as related indemnity litigation in Ohio federal court
- A California utility in an international arbitration related to defective steam generators supplied by a Japanese company to its nuclear power plant
- An Arizona-based utility in a AAA arbitration with the Navajo Nation related to technical failures at a power plant in New Mexico
- A transformer manufacturing facility in remediation and tort toxic litigation as well as related insurance and indemnity litigation in the federal and state courts of Illinois and Mississippi
- A global engineering and construction company in indemnity and veil-piercing litigation related to lead contamination in Missouri state and federal courts
- A variety of pro bono clients, including victims of domestic abuse, students and prisoners with disabilities, asylum applicants, and a class of prisoners alleging Eighth Amendment violations