Nicole Fanjul, Co-Deputy Office Managing Partner for the New York office, represents lenders and corporate borrowers in a variety of complex financings, with a particular focus on syndicated leveraged finance and direct lending transactions.
Drawing on her sophisticated understanding of the debt financing market, Ms. Fanjul develops creative solutions for clients using a range of loan products. She serves as a go-to advisor to a number of large, multinational investment banks and direct lenders, as well as corporate borrowers from across industries.
Ms. Fanjul’s practice includes:
- Leveraged buyout financings
- Direct lending transactions
- Liability management transactions
- Investment-grade financings
- Mezzanine financings
- Margin loans
Ms. Fanjul currently serves as the firm’s Co-Deputy New York Office Managing Partner. She has also previously served as the Local Leader of the New York office’s Black Lawyers Affinity Group, and as a member of the Women Enriching Business Committee (WEB) and the Associates Committee.
In addition to her commercial work, Ms. Fanjul frequently advises on immigration-related pro bono matters.
Ms. Fanjul’s experience includes advising:
Direct Lending Transactions
- HPS Investment Partners in a US$545 million term loan and revolving credit facility, concurrent with a US$95 million mezzanine notes offering, in connection with Ankura Intermediate Holdings’ acquisition of Thoreau Holdco and Navigant Consulting (Europe) Limited, a provider of professional services
- HPS Investment Partners in a US$792 million term loan and revolving credit facility for Sovos Compliance, a designer of technology solutions to help businesses meet the demands of their tax compliance and reporting obligations
- CPPIB Credit Investments in a US$138 million term loan facility in connection with Blackstone’s acquisition of Frischkorn Audio-Visual Corp, an audiovisual and live event production company
- PSP Investments as a lender in a US$300 million second lien term loan facility for GTCR, a leading private equity firm, in connection with the acquisition of Consumer Cellular
- Fortress Investment Group in a US$290 million term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with Genstar's acquisition of Telestream Holdings Corporation, a provider of desktop components, applications, enterprise-class digital media transcoding, and workflow systems
- HPS Investment Partners in term loans and a revolving credit facility in connection with Hg Capital's acquisition of CaseWare International, a provider of software solutions
Syndicated Lending Transactions
- Morgan Stanley as agent and arranger in a US$825 million term loan and revolving credit facility for Gogo Intermediate Holdings, in connection with the refinancing of its existing secured notes and asset-based revolving credit facility
- Toronto-Dominion Bank, New York Branch in a US$310 million facility for GI DI Rushmore Finance Merger Sub LLC in connection with the refinancing of its existing facility and the acquisition of Clarity Telecom
- Jefferies Finance in a US$1.55 billion term loan in connection with L. Catterton’s acquisition of Truck Hero
- Citibank as agent and arranger in a US$3.9 billion revolving credit facility for the energy company operator NRG Energy, as well as in various amendments under that facility; relatedly, advised Credit Suisse in letter of credit facility collateralized by the issuance of US$900 million of pre-capitalized trust securities, for NRG
- Citibank in a US$650 million term loan facility for PQ Corporation, a chemical producer, to refinance existing debt, as well as subsequent amendments to revolving credit facilities and term loan facilities for PQ Corporation
- Jefferies Finance in the first lien senior secured term loan and revolver and second lien secured term loan in connection with Thoma Bravo's acquisition of EM Eagle Merger Sub, a proprietary electronic platform
- JPMorgan in US$38.3 billion term loan facilities in connection with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited's acquisition of Shire plc, an Ireland-based biopharmaceutical company
- A multinational banking and financial services company in a US$2.3 billion first lien term loan facility for Quikrete Holdings
Other Borrower-Side Transactions
- Baring Private Equity Asia in a term loan facility in connection with its US$4.3 billion take-private acquisition of Nord Anglia Education
- The Cooper Companies, a global medical device company, in a series of transactions in connection with its US$1.8 billion refinancing
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, an information technology consulting and technology services provider, in its US$2.5 billion term loan and revolving credit facility
- Syneos, an integrated biopharmaceutical solutions company, in an amendment to a term loan and revolving credit facility to refinance existing debt